Vaco Technology is a talent acquisition company, in the areas of expertise of Technology, Accounting & Finance, Healthcare IT, Financial Services, Executive & Board Search, Risk Solutions, Cybersecurity, Supply Chain & Logistics and HR, Administration & Operations. In more than 40 locations across the globe with more than 1,250 employees they provide business consulting services, permanent placement, executive search, and strategic staffing & recruiting in all kinds of different industries. Vaco's leadership team is a team of Big4 veterans who established a recruitment team of senior-level professionals who understand the industries and the individuals that they connect. In case you land a consultant job at Vaco, you will enjoy an environment where performance is recognized and rewarded; while you have access to benefits and perks such as vacation pay, holiday pay, 401(k) plan, referral bonuses, insurances, and healthcare plan.
***DIRECT HIRE*** ***ACTIVE PMP IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST***
IT Project Managers are responsible for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination, and accountability of project-oriented work efforts and success of their projects across the IT organization. This position focuses on technical projects related to the design, development, execution, implementation or maintenance of systems or software. They ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. They create and adjust project plans, track key milestones, monitor budget, vendors and resources to meet the needs of customers. They are assigned to projects with multiple interdependencies and of varying complexity, scope, risk and impact to the business. IT Project Managers are also responsible for providing leadership and mentorship to teams as they execute in either Agile or Traditional methodologies. They will assist the team in identifying impediments/risks, facilitate efforts to remove barriers, and report to management on these obstacles when necessary. They will also work with project teams and other individuals in the organization to continuously improve all facets of their work.Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a Project Manager on multiple projects of varying complexity. Must be able to work in Agile and Traditional methodologies.
- Work with software teams, Product Owners and Business Analysts to manage the planning, initiation, execution, and close out of projects
- Facilitate all meetings or Agile ceremonies when necessary, the removal of impediments, and any reduction/removal of project risks
- Use burn-ups, timelines, tasking/milestone tracking or any other ad-hoc means to accurately communicate with all stakeholders and performers about project expectations, commitments, and timelines. Must communicate commitments to Portfolio Management.
- Ensure all data and information regarding the projects are up to date in all systems
- Help hold all performers accountable to their own commitments, norms, and processes
- Work with the Product Owner/Business Analyst to support all project communications
- Help teams continuously improve through facilitating retrospectives, reviewing metrics/data, measuring outcomes, and keeping track of improvement action items
- Use previous knowledge and experience of software projects to intuitively probe, suggest, and lead the project teams to desired outcomes.
- For some projects, manage the project across IT and non-IT performers. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, facilitating requirements gathering, project planning and coordination, and risk management for all parties involved.
- Serve as project manager for some non-software development IT implementations, such as, the purchasing and implementation of a commercially available software product or service.
- Work closely with management to contribute to the overall health and growth of the technical team through leadership, mentorship and informal coaching. Also, lead the development of new metrics, methods or processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Active PMP certification
- 10+ years of overall experience in Information Technology
- 7+ years of experience as an IT Project Manager
- 3+ years managing Agile projects or working as a Scrum Master (can be concurrent with the PM experience).
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse personality types to promote census-building.
- A thorough understanding of Agile and Traditional software development methodologies, terminology, values, and procedures.
- Collaborative approach to driving decisions.
- Outstanding coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- A proven process thinker seeking productivity and exceptional service.
- Customer centric with well-developed business acumen and business facing experience.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently.
- Must have a professional, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Effective meeting facilitation and excellent listening and feedback skills.
- Microsoft Office and any project/portfolio management software.
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user friendly language.
- Ability to provide some technical guidance.
- Establish clear goals with success metrics and measurements using proven data analysis, data verification and problem solving abilities.
Agile, Scrum, CRM, Salesforce