Box is an enterprise content management platform that solves simple and complex challenges, from sharing and accessing files on mobile devices to sophisticated business processes like data governance and retention.
: Box is a secure content management and collaboration platform designed for digital-age processes and work styles. Since 2005, we’ve helped teams and organizations across industries easily share, manage, and collaborate on their most important information from anywhere, on any device. Today, over 39 million people and 70,000 organizations – including over 59% of the Fortune 500 – trust Box with their content. Why work for our organization:
Box IT provides technology services and support, enabling efficiency, simplicity and productivity for internal business partners and external customers. The Box IT organization provides two distinct, yet compatible functions. The first is enabling productivity and supporting all employees, and the second is supporting the company in its growth as the global leader in the content management and collaboration space by developing and showcasing Box products and technology. Working in tandem, these two functionalities reduce ITcost and complexity, both within Box and for its customers.Why work with our team:
BoxIT has complete ownership of our employees' day to day experience. Our vision is to deliver solutions, capabilities and experiences that bring out the ultimate potential of every employee. Our team values: Be passionate about designing/architecting amazing solutions, deliver great service, pursue growth and development, and build a positive team spirit. About the role
: The IT Systems Engineer will join a global team comprised of the most talented IT professionals in the industry. BoxIT is looking for an exceptional candidate to support our client platform environment across macOS, iOS, and Windows systems. As an IT Systems Engineer, you will work on a variety of different systems and software to maintain our corporate endpoint and mobile device ecosystem. To succeed in this fast-paced, challenging position you will need to be a highly motivated problem solver, conscientious about the user experience, and deeply passionate about all things IT.Responsibilities:
- Architect, build, operate, and optimize core IT systems across a variety of different software stacks and platforms in order to support the client platform environment. This includes Linux, Windows, macOS, VMware, AWS, networking devices (Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto Networks), as well as on-prem and SaaS applications (Box, Google Apps, Confluence, Okta, JIRA, Tableau).
- Administer client system management tools and frameworks (JAMF/Casper, Workspace One, Group Policy, DEP) and continuously explore other solutions.
- Manage and administer a mixed platform environment (macOS, iOS, Windows) using the above client system management tools.
- Develop and manage client administration tools/processes.
- Streamline, implement, and iterate on current imaging and provisioning solutions.
- Design and scale monitoring and alerting tools, in concert with the Security team.
- Write modular, maintainable code within scripting constructs to automate repetitive tasks.
- Build automation and tooling to assist with compliance, alert on problems, and auto-remediate issues without end user involvement.
- Perform daily system/security monitoring, system optimization, and backup operations to identify issues and ensure compliance.
- Optimize and regularly test IT systems DR/BCP
- Partner with the Security team to implement security policies and ensure all critical vulnerabilities are patched in a timely manner across infrastructure.
- Provide Tier III support and troubleshooting for complex issues escalated from the Helpdesk.
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and architectural standards.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent degree/experience in related field.
- 3 or more years advanced systems administration across macOS, Windows, iOS, and Linux
- Proven experience and track record troubleshooting complex macOS and Windows problems in an enterprise environment with a strong emphasis on security.
- Strong knowledge of DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, Active Directory, and AD Group Policy.
- Strong networking background (Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto Networks) and ability to use Wireshark for troubleshooting issues.
- Experience with one or more programming languages relevant to scripting, automation, and interacting with APIs (Python, Bash, PowerShell, Perl, PHP, Ruby).
- Experience implementing and supporting IT applications and infrastructure "at scale".
- Strong ability to interact with and understand complex technical requirements across all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of essential security concepts.
- Strong ability to analyze and solve complex business problems.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, including working with a geographically distributed team.
- Working knowledge in web based application development platforms.
- Strong organizational, planning, and documentation skills.
- Two or more of the following certifications (or similar) preferred (RHCE, CCNA, MCSE, CISSP, Puppet Professional, VCP, CompTIA).