Sotera Defense Solutions (Sotera) has joined KeyW Corporation. Please connect with us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/237215/ for continued updates, news and information. This account will be deactivated on October 24, 2017.
Sotera is an agile, mid-size national security technology company that delivers innovative systems, solutions and services in support of the critical missions and programs of the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, Department of Homeland Security, federal law enforcement agencies and other parts of the federal government charged with ensuring the safety and security of our nation. Our ~1,500 employees remain focused on delivering essential cyber operations, counterterrorism intelligence and analysis, data fusion, data analytics and C4ISR solutions to our customers throughout national security community. Learn more about Sotera at www.soteradefense.com.
Sotera Defense Solutions is a privately owned company.
We are currently seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our high-performing team of developers and engineers to create and enhance mission-critical applications for the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Be part of a team contributing to the innovative approaches and in bolstering mission efficiencies for the FBI while responding to numerous mission initiatives that protect National Security.
- Build and maintain web-based applications
- Design, code and test Java based applications and the design and implementation of web-based applications that meet product specification and development schedules
- Perform new development, enhancements, and maintenance in Java/J2EE (JMS, EJB, and Servlets)
- Work with other developers and systems engineers to solve critical problems and identify efficiencies in implementing technical and functional
- Work closely with product owner, stakeholders, business analysts, and team members to understand product specifics and to create quality code
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project lifecycle
- Top Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a CI Polygraph
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- A Bachelor's Degree with 12 years of experience or a Master's Degree with 10 years of experience
- 10 years of experience with multiple software programming technologies, including J2EE with Spring and Hibernate
- 4+ year s real life experience delivering code to production
- Broad base understanding of Java including a minimum of 5 years of J2EE, Spring and Struts
- Knowledge of Object Relational Mapping tools (i.e. Hibernate). Knowledge of test libraries (junit, dbunit) or automation tools (Protractor)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, good customer relationship skills, especially in highly dynamic environment
- 3+ years of related development experience in an Agile team environment
- Experience with web service API's (REST, SOAP)
- Demonstrated experience with MarkLogic technologies
- Experience with Gradle, Ant and continuous building environments
- Ability to perform basic database functions such as querying and creating simple update scripts
- Experience with micro-services architecture
- Experienced with rapid application development (RAD) methodology
- Strong experience development on/for application servers such as JBoss (i.e. JBoss,)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Experience with a wide variety of tools and techniques such as Activiti, JUnit, Gradle, Maven, Selenium
This position requires that the candidate possess a Top Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph
KeyW is an EEO employer. We are committed to providing fair and equal employment consideration, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
How to Apply?
Please click apply on the right.
Associated topics: architect, back end, devops, lead, perl, php, programming, senior, senior software developer, software architect