Middle East Broadcasting Networks is a news organization in North Africa and the Middle East that delivers its content in the Arabic Language. The organization comprises two major television networks - Alhurra-Iraq and Alhurra; Maghreb Voices.com, Sawa radio, Irfaasawtak.com among other social media platforms. Middle East Broadcasting Networks enjoy an audience of over 27.5 million people in a week across the regions. The organization’s mission is to further opinions, ideas, and available perspectives in media across the Middle East and North Africa. The Company’s vision is to provide accurate, objective, and relevant information and news to accurately American policies, Americans, and America. Middle East Broadcasting Networks promotes values of freedom and democracy. When working with the organization, the compensation is always good, and importantly the organization offers a work-life balance. The organization's Employee benefits include vacation policy, retirement benefit, and insurance benefits.The job opportunities are Broadcast Technician, Broadcast Engineer, IT Specialist – TV Broadcasting and many more.
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a MBN is looking for an experienced Jib Operator to work in its Broadcast Operations department at our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit, multimedia broadcaster that provides news and information to audiences in the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio and digital properties in support of US diplomacy.
The Jib Operator is responsible for providing timely technical operations support for the fast-paced 24*7/365 news and entertainment broadcast network.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Jib Operator include, but are not limited to:
* Maintaining acceptable video levels for incoming, outgoing and internal signals, and performing daily set-up and shading of studio cameras.
* Functioning as the sole individual responsible for control room operation for single or multiple camera inserts on shows.
* Operating single and/or multiple cameras through robotic control as instructed by show Director.
* Operating studio camera on pedestals and jibs as instructed by show Director.
* Preparing talent and guests mics and IFBs for air.
* Providing back-up support to other Studio positions as needed.
Candidates are required to have:
* 3 or more years' experience in television studio and camera operations (network station or production house) and / or live news.
* Willingness to learn client's proprietary equipment and applications.
* Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
* Commitment to excellence and to ongoing education in broadcasting and to the mastery of their craft.
* Ability to work flexible hours, including overnights and weekends.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.