Louisville Campus - Louisville, KY
Bachelor's degree or Experience
The Center for Women and Families - Director of Communications
Together, disrupting the cycle of intimate partner and sexual violence is our mission. Do you want to join us in making a difference in the lives of people surviving power-based violence? The Center for Women and Families is looking for warm, caring, and empathetic individuals driven by a desire to help others! The Director of Communications helps to move toward our vision of thriving survivors in safe communities!
The Center for Women and Families provides free services to people of all identities who have experienced intimate partner violence and sexual assault. We help our clients and their dependent children become survivors through trauma-informed advocacy. Our goal is to mitigate the impact of their trauma by reducing their risk factors and building their resiliency. We serve anyone in Jefferson, Bullitt, Spencer, Shelby, Oldham, Henry, and Trimble counties in Kentucky and Floyd and Clark counties in Indiana.
The Director of Communications will plan and guide the strategy of Center for Women and Families communications including print, web, social and traditional media. Manage editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all organization publications print and digital. Ensure strong, consistent messaging and brand standards to align with agency voice and strategic priorities of The Center.
Our Amazing Benefits!
- Six weeks of annual combined (PTO) plan that starts accumulating on your first day
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Accident and critical illness insurance
- Flexible savings accounts for health and dependent care
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Group life insurance: The Center pays the premium
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- 401(k) with company matching 2% after 1 year
- Develop and oversee department budget. Manage day-to-day relationships with vendors. Secure print, photography, videography, web, and marketing vendors. Supervise contract workers and interns.
- Oversee all organizational social media including development of social media strategy, policy, and content for all social channels and platforms under the Center for Women and Families umbrella. Supervise/support other social media contributors.
- Coordinate agency special projects in conjunction with staff outside of communications during special events and/or projects, including strategy, marketing/communications, and graphics.
- Create and develop strategic communications plan; develop communications related guidelines and manuals for branding, voice, and image use across the agency.
- Direct vision of agency publications, website, and social media. Create and copywrite editorial content. Develop campaign themes. Execute campaign communications.
- Plan, develop, direct, and administer content for The Center's online presence through agency website, blog, and e-communications.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent business experience.
- Experience in PC and Mac interfaces
- Proficiency with photo manipulation, page layout and website editing, including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and WordPress
- Fluency in languages other than English and cultural knowledge are a plus.
- Must provide own transportation and/or have valid driver's license as appropriate per job needs.
The Center requires the basic round of COVID vaccinations and highly recommends boosters. The Center also requires all employees to wear a mask and maintain a distance of 6 feet while working.Learn more about us from our social media links: Facebook
- Must maintain a driving record that meets CWF automobile insurance requirements
- Must pass criminal background and motor vehicle check, post-contingent of offer of employment
: https://www.facebook.com/thecenteronline/ LinkedIn
We value diversity and inclusion as a key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds who share a passion for helping others. For us, diversity not only includes race and gender identify, but also age, disability status, veteran status, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, and many other parts of one's identity. We support an inclusive workplace where staff succeed based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
This job was posted on Sat Dec 03 2022 and expired on Sat Dec 10 2022.