A self-driven, Journeyman level candidate with an active secret clearance to join our AMERICAN SYSTEMS Systems & Simulations team on a part-time basis as a Journeyman Naval Architect in Baltimore, MD. Candidate will support the United States Coast Guard.
As a Journeyman Naval Architect you will:
- Work within the Systems & Simulations Division to provide on-site support.
- Join an established team with even more opportunity to grow.
- Maintain your secret clearance.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Journeyman Naval Architect:
- Assist with the senior Naval Architect in the design, development and evaluation of the operation of marine vessels
- Support the US Coast Guard reviewing third party design modifications and improvements to mechanical systems and components
- Assist with naval architecture analysis related to vessels
- Help with the stability analyses of ships
- Assist with the design complete hull and superstructure according to specifications and test data, in conformity with standards of safety, efficiency and economy
- Help the Senior Naval Architect to oversee construction and testing of prototype in model basin
- Evaluate performance of craft during dock and sea trials to determine design changes
Life at AMERICAN SYSTEMS:
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U. S. Veterans Magazine and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly. com
- Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture or Ocean Engineering and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Active Secret clearance
- High School diploma and 13+ years of relevant experience
- Active Secret clearance
At least 2+ years of experience in:
- Progressive ship structural analysis on Navy or Coast Guard vessels
- Proficient with MS word, Excel, Powerpoint, Share Point and MS Outlook
This job was posted on Tue Feb 05 2019 and expired on Sat Mar 09 2019.