As Judicial Assistants, we assist in the management of scheduled court hearings, trials, and motions including the filing of legal documents at the direction of the superior court judges. We serve as the primary liaison for counsel and parties regarding matters assigned to the court and provide information regarding case status and disposition to attorneys and pro se litigants and assemble all necessary parties for scheduled courtroom proceedings. Additionally, we make sure that the custody and welfare of jurors during the trial, we advise all potential jurors where to be seated in the courtroom waiting jury roll call at the start of a trial, and supervises jurors during trial and deliberations and arrange for beverages and food while in the jury room and communicate with the jurors regarding their needs.
- review, analyze, prioritize and respond to requests for court assistance
- prepare correspondence and draft orders and related court documents as directed
- perform as clerical assistant to judges, using word processing software, correspondence, jury instructions, and other court documents
- monitor daily schedule, ensuring necessary staff and parties are available in the courtroom
- prepare and arrange courtroom settings in all locations
- assist in the preparation of jury summons for mailing per month