Lubrizol is a company that specializes in providing specialty chemicals for the industrial, transportation, and consumer market. Products include engine oil, lubricants, additives, diesel fuel, and many other products and chemicals. Lubrizol also makes additive for personal care products and pharmaceutical products. Lubrizol was founded in 1928. The headquarter of Lubrizol is in Wickliffe, Ohio. Lubrizol sells its products in more than 100 countries and has more than 8,000 employees worldwide. Lubrizol encourages and promotes diversity in the workforce. Lubrizol offers professional training and development opportunities to its employees. Lubrizol offers market competitive salary and benefits to its employees. Benefits offered by Lubrizol include paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k retirement plan, and various other monetary and non-monetary benefits.
Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants. We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together. The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise, testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio s annual Top Workplaces survey. Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together.
Deliver for the Business
- Provide support to business units and collaborate with business partners to meet their needs.
- Respond to business partner feedback and resolve issues in a timely manner. Network and facilitate interactions with internal and external customers as well as other departments and divisions.
- Ensure quality and integrity of laboratory data as well as BTS services and processes
Support Division and BTS Department Goals
- Support Testing Leadership Team in achieving departmental and divisional goals. Collaborate with global staff members on business issues and division objectives.
- Help shape and proactively improve the performance of the testing area and the department.
- Track Division and Department goals and the group's progress against them.
- Support processes that ensure operating flexibility in response to business units demands.
- Develop and administer operating and capital budgets for the group; work in partnership with staff members to manage overall BTS budgets.
- Manage ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 quality certifications to ensure method compliance.
- Support work force rebalancing and planning. Work with BTS staff for consistency in processes, resource sharing, and resource cross-training.
- Review lab metrics and benchmark independent labs when practical.
- Assume liaison responsibilities for BTS Business Partner representing a Lubrizol business unit. Attend business unit technical meetings and facilitate two-way communication regarding business needs as well as BTS needs.
- Manage employee development through PCMs, Performance and Career Management. Use the competencies and available career ladders with emphasis on establishing individual improvement plans. Provide coaching and timely performance feedback to group members.
- Foster an environment that encourages employees professional growth and promotes continuous improvement. Assist employee development with cross-training assignments as needed.
- Ensure that employees follow corporate policies, philosophies, and practices.
- Actively support the rewards and recognition process in the Testing Division that reinforces the desired "culture" and assures accountability.
- Recruit and maintain talent into the department as dictated by business needs. Manage interviewing and hiring of contractors, student interns, and full-time employees.
- Participate and provide leadership on Lab Safety Committee. Collaborate with Environmental Health and Safety personnel to plan and implement safety protocols and laboratory best practices.
- Actively support safety initiatives such as RCMS (Responsible Care Management System) and OSHA VPP (Voluntary Protection Program) and ensure appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is identified and used for department activities on and off site.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years technical experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience managing people, team, and/or project leadership.
- Basic business knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent listening skills. Communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability and desire to develop strong people management skills to engage and inspire others and be willing to develop the skills necessary to manage differences and resolve conflicts.
- Experienced with managing projects and organizing significant volume of work.
- Experienced in prioritizing and managing business unit requests.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Understand safe laboratory practices and lab safety programs.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Experience with LZA systems, products, product development, research development & testing, or customers considered a plus.
- Responsible for balancing resources to address business unit needs and employee development needs.
- Responsible for the effective management of operating ($1-5MM) and capital ($750K) budgets.
- May require domestic and possibly international travel.
- Requires use of appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to fulfill safety requirements.
Click Here to Learn About all of Our Benefits!
Competitive salary with performance based bonus plans
401K Match plus Age Weighted Defined Contribution Plan
Competitive medical, dental & vision offerings
Health Savings Account
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.
Do You Need Assistance?
Please let us know if you need an accommodation to proceed with your application for a posted job, or with any other aspect of the interview or assessment process. You can either call 440-###-#### and ask for Talent Acquisition or send an email to ...@lubrizol.com. Please note that this phone line and email address are not to be used for checking on the status of an already submitted application and not to be used by third party recruiters.