Reporting to the Laboratory Director, Laboratory Testing Analysts prepare and analyze samples of plant, concentrate, and edible products. Analytical work involves data interpretation for purposes of determining presence of residual solvents, moisture content and terpene analysis. Analysts will be required to interpret analytical data, prepare and review reports, work with the Laboratory Director to perform experiments and method validations and also work within the wet lab helping prepare samples for analysis when not analyzing data.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sample preparation and analysis using GC/MS
- Monitor instrument performance and diagnose performance issues
- Perform Mass Spectrometry analysis
- Utilize Laboratory Inventory Management System (LIMS) and other sample reporting
- Comply with Quality Assurance program and other company policies
- Adhere to safety standards and employ Current Good Laboratory Practice
- Other duties and tasks may be determined by the laboratory director or supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- REQUIREMENT: At least 1 year experience using a GCMS in a production environment outside of an academic setting that includes maintenance, analysis and troubleshooting.
- Laboratory Analyst must hold a bachelor’s degree in one of the chemical or biological sciences from an accredited college or university, or have completed at least 2 years of college coursework from an accredited college or university and at least 1 year of full-time, non-education-related practical experience in a laboratory performing analytical scientific testing in which the testing methods are or were recognized by an accrediting body.
- Highly detail oriented and organized, critical eye for optimizing workflows
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task, effectively manage changing priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork and collaborate effectively on projects and tasks with supervisor and co-workers
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to gather information and develop solutions
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
- Ability to demonstrate professional, positive attitude toward assigned tasks, projects and colleagues
- Facility with office and laboratory computer applications
- Accredited laboratory environment requires strict adherence to safety and Quality Assurance protocols.
- Must be 21 years old
- Background check required
Benefits and Perks
- Vacation, Health Benefits, Paid Holidays, Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan