Healthcare Services Group offers housekeeping, laundry, dining and nutrition services to the healthcare industry. The Bensalem, Pennsylvania-headquartered firm has strategically-located regional and district operations around the US. Healthcare Services Group is committed to delivering innovative solutions, exceptional performance and measurable results. The award-winning firm believes in life-long learning and performance-based promotions. Healthcare has faith in promoting from within the organization and strives to reward those individuals who have dedicated their time to the company. If you join the team, your contribution will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a benefits package including health, dental, life, disability, a stock purchase plan and awarding of stock options, as well as performance-based promotion opportunities.
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) typically services long term care and nursing facilities and is now hiring a Laundry Worker in your area! HCSG has a custom, state of the art training program!
- Laundry Workers perform a variety of tasks on varying shifts, including collecting and sorting soiled linen, loading and unloading machines, and folding clean linen.
- Operates computer-operated washers and dryers.
- Responsibilities include counting and recording the linen processed each day, making proper deliveries to units and, cleaning and sanitizing the work area including; machines, work tables and sorting area.
- Performs laundry activities within well established guidelines to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- Delivers personal clothing to the appropriate resident.
- The overwhelming majority of the laundry worker’s job is performed while standing, walking and bending.
- The laundry worker is responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned linen, etc. according to schedule.
- Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Is responsible for the safe and proper use of detergents and adheres to all safety precautions.
- Work involves pulling and pushing, carrying weight up to 50 pounds, twisting, bending and reaching from floor to waist height and from waist to chest level.
- Represents HCSG in a positive manner; is able to follow oral and written instructions, is pleasant, tactful and courteous and cooperative with supervisor, co-workers, residents and client staff.
- The laundry worker consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company’s Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience preferred, but on-site training is provided.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English as to be understood effectively by another individual.
- Ability to recognize hazards and follow appropriate protective equipment measures, read and understand MSDS sheets, and communicate with coworkers as to such.
- Personal cleanliness.
- Pleasant, tactful, courteous.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all In-Services.
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.