As Law Clerks, we research laws, court decisions, documents, opinions, briefs, and other information related to cases, we analyze legal issues and apply appropriate legal principles to determine applicable defenses, relevant arguments, and litigation strategy. We prepare briefs, and statements of problems involved in cases, including appropriate suggestions and advice, and we analyze complaints, petitions, and motions that have been filed to determine issues involved. Additionally, we prepare responsive pleadings and correspondence as appropriate, we assist and provide trial attorney support in preparing trial, mediation, and arbitration documents and binders, and attend court sessions, depositions, mediations, and trials to listen to oral arguments and document compulsory case information.
- help and counsel lawyers and judges on their primary duties
- interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for specific cases
- conduct extensive legal research and analysis
- made memoranda and briefs with correct information on specific cases
- make sure that related case documents are properly ordered and available.
- appear at court sessions to listen to and record critical information
- supervise the work and activities of courthouse interns
- maintain and update law libraries, literature, and documentation