This role is part of the Inception team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization. The Inception team is responsible for creating prototypes of early-stage product ideas to help prove feasibility and viability.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and be the change you seek , have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Spatial UX / UI Designer, you will help us create a proof of concept in a variety of areas including Spatial Compute (AR, VR, XR), and other emerging product spaces. You will help build the User Experience by designing new interfaces in 3D space as well as creating the assets needed by the team for various PoCs.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and QA, overseeing the implementation of the user experience, features, and interfaces, from POC conception to launch
- Create interactive prototypes using Unity and Unreal
- Produce engaging experiences using storyboards, user flow/journey and demos to collect feedback and iteratively improve products
- Create production-ready 2D and 3D user interfaces for spatial proof of concepts
- Create production-ready assets needed for 3D environments (User interfaces, 3D models)
- Integrate and troubleshoot art assets into a 3D runtime
- Independently refine and rapidly improve interaction mechanics
- Design for touch or mobile interfaces such as Galaxy and iPhone
- Create high fidelity concepts for executive presentations
- Ability to create reusable assets in GLTF format
- Strong and demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently
- Experience shipping consumer or enterprise products
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: VR, AR, WebXR, game design, art direction, and video storytelling
- Strong visual and spatial design skills, think conceptually about design, excellent problem-solving skills, and exercise the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Strong 3D design and motion design skills, Final Cut, AE, C4D or Maya is preferred
- Experience with AR / VR / XR technologies
- Experience creating shaders
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of businesses within Samsung.
- Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.