The Lead Person's primary job function is to oversee staff in regards to safety and quality production within a work cell or department. This position will be supervising up to sixteen positions and will report directly to the production manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Main job function will be observing the workflow while making adjustments to staff and materials as needed.
· Coordinate with Forklift Operators and Parts Pullers to ensure components are staged for the day's production.
· Responsible for assigning staff to different work cells and delegating tasks according to production plan
· Provide quality inspection of materials received into department and parts produced within department.
· Assist Machine Operators with set ups and retooling.
· Communicate with supervisor about any issues that would affect safety and quality production.
· Prioritize tasks based on production requirements, materials available, and staffing to complete work and maintain efficiency.
· Meet production requirements and contend with several variables such as staff and materials that could interrupt workflow.
· Will perform other job-related duties as assigned.
· Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
· Champion RSI's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Minimum of up to 8 years of education required
0 -- 6 months of relevant work experience
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
Ability to comprehend and follow instructions
Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing environment
Must possess general management skills
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
(Number of people, job titles)
Supervising 16 positions
Door Worker (10)
Assembly Door Worker (3)
Part Puller (3)
Typical Working Conditions: (Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.)
Manufacturing warehouse environment with occasional temperature changes and humidity.
Constant noise in atmospheric conditions with frequent vibrations
Working around equipment and machinery
(List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions.)
Essential Physical Tasks:
(List all physical tasks encountered in performing essential functions.)
Constant standing, handling, grasping, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination.
Frequent lifting and reaching
Occasional walking, carrying, pulling, stooping, pushing, talking and hearing
Company - Public
$500M to $1B
Dallas, TX, and others
Business Services (Unclassified)