Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.About the Team
On Workday's Legal team, Workday Legal Interns will have an opportunity to work closely with experienced in-house attorneys practicing in a variety of areas. If you are interested in an opportunity to work with our team, read on for the requirements and skills we are seeking.About the Role
About YouBasic Qualifications
- Assist in-house attorneys with legal matters in a variety of areas including commercial and technology transactions, intellectual property, corporate governance, strategic alliances, privacy law, and employment law.
- Support with contract processing (generating contracts from templates, reviewing and responding to requested edits, and preparing documents for signature).
- Interpret and summarize terms and conditions of existing contracts.
- Aid in-house attorneys in advising product, marketing, and engineering teams on legal issues related to new and existing product development and technology innovations.
- Conduct legal research, analyze business impact and legal risk, and prepare memoranda.
- Become acquainted with legal department business processes and highlight opportunities for automation and process improvement.
- Currently enrolled as a 1L in a juris doctor degree program.
- Must maintain student status throughout the duration of the internship and plan to return for your 2L year upon completion of the internship.
- Available for a minimum of 9 weeks during Summer 2022.
Workday University Intern Program
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to summarize and present key takeaways for management.
- Ability to multitask and handle changing priorities with a positive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
Start your future today with Workday's Internship Program. The next generation of talent will further fuel Workday's success. This is why we actively seek the best and the brightest students to join our 12-week Internship Program, uniquely crafted to develop our future leaders. The Internship Program is passionate about providing meaningful work to challenge your abilities. In addition, we also offer special perks including fun social events and technology-focused presentations designed only for interns. Launch your Workday career with an opportunity that connects you to a strong network, enables you to do your best work, actively supports your career and places an emphasis on fun.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You may view the Workday's Pay Transparency Policy, and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, by clicking on their corresponding links.
Workday is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans during our application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!
This job was posted on Tue Feb 15 2022 and expired on Fri Feb 18 2022.