International retailer Gap offers clothing, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, and children with six brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Intermix and Hill City. With its headquarters in Folsom, CA, Gap runs stores in the US, Canada, the UK, France, Ireland, and Japan. Gap embraces diversity, believes in equality for all, and is guided by the idea that business can and should be a force for good. Gap was recognized in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2019 For Continued Commitment To Advancing Women In The Workplace, was listed among the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2018, and was named in the top 5 by Thomson Reuters Diversity and Inclusion Index. At Gap you will be working in a work environment which strives to integrate sustainability into every aspect of the business, and where team members can take up to five hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice. If you join the team, your contribution will be rewarded with array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, 401(k), 50% off regular-priced merchandise, PTO days for vacation, personal time, or illness, and several other.
Responsible for protecting the assets of the company, including the employees through prevention, awareness, communication and deterrence. Responsible for making safe apprehensions through following the apprehension guidelines. Responsible for the timely training of all new hires on Loss Prevention policies and procedures. Work closely with store management to increase Loss Prevention awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses. Analyze trends and reports to influence training and awareness at designated locations.
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Audit compliance to physical security standards (EAS, leather locks, doors, etc.)
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of LPM, LPS, DLPM, and or RLPM.
- Recover assets and / or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies.
- Audit compliance to company operational procedures.
- Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings; deliver training and awareness initiatives on a regular basis.
- Ensure Loss Prevention Awareness Center is current and up to date.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Hotline, LP awareness center, etc.)
- Participate in the on boarding process of new hires.
- Maintain in store complete case paperwork, and ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Work with management on ensuring operational compliance.
- Parnter with management to ensure safe work environment.
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency exits, evacuation procedure, etc.)
Communicate daily activities to the Loss Prevention Manager / Loss Prevention Supervisor / District Loss Prevention Manager / Regional Loss Prevention Manager and or the GM / Management team. Interfaces with Field / Corporate business partners (i. e. Human Resources, Legal, Operations and Employee Relations).Qualifications:
- Excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on the company apprehensions guidelines.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- State certification required, where applicable.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five on the clock hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
This job was posted on Sun Sep 16 2018 and expired on Thu Sep 20 2018.