Generac Power Systems, which was established in 1959 and is currently the #1 producer of home backup generators, was the first to build inexpensive home standby generators, as well as the first engine built particularly for the rigors of generator operation. Generac offers the most comprehensive line of power equipment in the industry, including portable, residential, commercial, and industrial generators. Their Generac Mobile product range consists of a variety of portable generators. Their Mobile series are of high-quality light towers, trailer-mounted mobile generators, and combination systems are developed and manufactured for a wide range of industries and extreme conditions. Generac was also the first to introduce the domestic power washer, giving households the ability to clean. Generac now offers a complete array of cutting-edge, virtual and toughest commercial environments with leading power products.
The Machine Operator -- Fabrication I is expected to perform under the direction of the area supervisor, manufacture parts per plant specification in an accurate and timely manner utilizing a Fabrication equipment while recognizing safety and efficiencies.Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* An understanding of machining/fabricating fundamentals
* Ability to perform reading, writing, and math functions.
* Ability to effectively communicate
* Contributes to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures.
* Intermediate PC knowledge.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Strong problem solving and reasoning skills
* Ability to interpret drawings, schematics and machine specifications.
* Preferred experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
* Intermediate mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
Associated topics: automated machinery, cad, cnc, cnc fabricating, computer aided design, computer aided design, computerized numerical control, fabrication, precision machining, programming