Hunter is a company that offers solutions to the problems of irrigation, outdoor, lighting, and custom molding industries. Its products are globally used and can be seen at stadiums, national landmarks, commercial complexes, and buildings. Its headquarters are in San Marcos CA. Its products and services include agricultural irrigation, custom manufacturing, and dispensing technologies. It visons to be always at customer first choice. The work values of hunters are Innovation, Family, and social responsibility. It provides a fun, friendly, and collaborative work environment to its employees. It seeks dedicated and self-driven employees.
We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we're global, we're family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you're pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.
About this Role:
Under supervision, the Material Handler maintains Warehouse inventory accuracy for molded components and vendor parts and issues these parts as needed for use in production. Also, maintains a supply of material to all molding machines.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social Responsibility.
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
1. Transfers, with use of hand held scanner, molded and/or vendor supplied parts to appropriate manufacturing area for use in production.
2. Utilizes a formal location system, to deliver palletized parts to appropriate storage location. Re-stocks appropriate storage location ensuring that FIFO (first in, first out) is maintained for proper stock rotation.
3. Audits storage location for molded and vendor supplied parts to ensure that parts are stored in the proper locations.
4. Weighs, documents, and removes full Gaylords of molding scrap and runners from production floor.
5. Monitors Kan Ban and inventory levels on the manufacturing floor to ensure the continuous flow of parts to production.
6. Conducts daily parts counts for assigned parts and resins to verify system and location accuracy.
7. Prepares and coordinates shipments to and from Distribution Center, Mexico, and other buildings on campus.
8. Keeps molding machine hoppers full of proper material at all times.
9. Loads and unloads part bins under machines, separates molded parts from molded runners and places them in corresponding bins.
10. Recycles molding scrap in the appropriate containers.
11. Distinguishes between various molding defects such as flash, shorting, splay, etc., and communicates with the proper personnel when molding defects are identified.
12. Labels product appropriately and moves product to an inventory location.
13. Collects molded part samples for evaluation by Quality Control.
Other Job Functions:
Maintains work area in clean and orderly condition. Assists in training new warehouse personnel. Overtime may be required.
Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Hunter Industries' approach to the health and safety of each employee is based on adherence to our Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Every employee is responsible for their safety and must work safely at all times. Employees are to immediately report all unsafe or hazardous conditions, including injuries and near misses to their Supervisor, Environmental Health & Safety Department, or Workers' Compensation Manager. Those employees who do not comply with safe work practices may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.RequirementsEducation/Training Required:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must successfully pass the Hunter forklift test within first two months of employment.
Minimum of six months of experience in similar environment, or equivalent training within a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
KSA#1: Verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to comprehend work instructions.
KSA#2: Understanding of machines and tools, including their uses and maintenance.
KSA#3: Ability to work within a team environment and demonstrate professional behavior.
KSA#4: Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
KSA#5: Requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
KSA#6: Ability to perform data entry, view electronic procedures, or pass training courses.
KSA#7: Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
KSA#8: Ability to use either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
KSA#9: Ability to safely operate a forklift and pallet jack on a daily basis. Ability to operate a company truck when needed.
KSA#10: Ability to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
KSA#11: Knowledge of and ability to use arithmetic. Must be able to accurately perform intermediate mathematical and statistical calculations and use a weight counting scale.
KSA#12: Excellent problem solving skills and detail orientation.
KSA#13: Strong interpersonal skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) Preferred:
KSA#14: Experience in cycle counting and conducting physical inventories.
Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Regularly lift, push, pull and/or move up to 52 pounds. Safely operate a forklift and pallet jackets on a daily basis. Safely operate and drive a company truck when needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, odors and fumes or airborne particles. Frequently exposed to vibration. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and risk of static electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require PPE.
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site: On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Associated topics: automated, automatic, cnc fabricating, cnc machine, composite laminator, computer aided manufacturing, computer numeric control, fabrication, machine operator, precision machining