Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc., founded in 1920. It is a universal producer and wholesaler of fire protection goods. Reliable manufactures has the best condition and latest fire sprinklers, valves, and exceptional systems in the market; issues a complete range of best in class system parts; and backs it up with foremost customer service. Reliable's 450,000 sq. ft. production area and corporate headquarters are located in Liberty, SC, with local sales and shipping centers based throughout the US and throughout the world. Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc., offers a complete suite of benefits to promote the health and financial security of their employees by providing them Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Health Care facilities.
Fabricator - 2nd Shift
Grand Prairie, TX
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. is a world leader in the manufacture of fire sprinklers and related system valves as well as a major distributor of a full line of fire sprinkler system components and fabricated piping solutions to the fire sprinkler industry since 1920. Today, Reliable is in its fourth generation of Fee Family leadership and has many employees who have served more than 25 years, enhancing its family atmosphere and its ability to offer significant stable, long-term career opportunities.
Are you interested in being part of team who plays a crucial role of the fire protection industry's goal of saving lives and reducing property damage? We have an opportunity for you!
The Fabricator cuts and threads pipe for the daily assigned work orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks paperwork and material for accuracy and prepares required materials for fabrication
- Cuts, threads, grooves, grinds, and sprays pipes using various tools and machines to specifications
- Responsible for inspecting the finished products for defects
- Bundles, labels, and packs fabricated pipe
- Places completed bundles in pallets or footings with strappings using a forklift in the storage area
- Reviews open work orders and ensures all orders are completed timely and accurately
- Assists other Fabricators and Welders as needed
- Reports all equipment malfunctions, safety issues, and required repairs
- Performs to company standards for production work volume
- Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe conditions or practice to your supervisor
- Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Competencies
- Stronger than average organizational and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Prioritize and complete a variety of tasks in a timely manner
- Possess strong commitment to a team environment while working well with others
- Well-versed in the operation of equipment for pipe cutting and threading
- Ability to safely drive a forklift
- Basic understanding of mathematics
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical environment requires the employee to work in a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- The person in this position needs to wear appropriate safety clothing and shoes when needed. This includes a need for a safety harness, safety glasses, lift belts and steel toe shoes etc.
- Ability to safely drive a forklift and operate other loading/stacking equipment
- Ability to perform repetitive rotation and movement of hands and wrists quickly and efficiently
- Must have good dexterity and hand/eye coordination
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Must be able to stand for 100% of the time
- Occasionally will be expected to lift large materials not to exceed 80 pounds
- High School Diploma
- 1+ years of pipe fabrication experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler., Inc. recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro