DaVita provides a complete range of dialysis treatments and support services for patients living with chronic kidney failure, also known as end stage renal disease, or ESRD. The name DaVita is an adaptation of an Italian phrase meaning “giving life, symbolizing the commitment of the company to give life to patients needing dialysis. Along the core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment, and Fun the company is continuously expanding its operations to countries outside of the US. DaVita serves 200,000 patients with dialysis and accounts for 55,000 teammates. For 12 years DaVita has been on the Fortune Magazine's world's most admired companies list. DaVita offers career paths in the categories of clinical, corporate, laboratory, leadership, nurses, patient care technicians. From the brink of bankruptcy in 1999 DaVita has made a thriving business to become an industry-leader Fortune 200 ® company.
This position is responsible for maintenance, storage and utilization of the dialysis facility inventory and inventory system in accordance with DaVita's Healthcare Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, OSHA, CMS, AAMI, federal, state and local regulations.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Establish and maintain inventory records for all dialysis supplies (including purchase orders and inventory transaction audits), logs, files, returns, obsolete/expired items, emergency orders, manual purchase orders and ensure appropriate levels of supplies, medications and equipment are available at all times using the automated inventory system; adjust processes to accommodate facility patient growth and item changes
• Order, receive, and issue supplies including medications daily; perform daily, weekly and monthly counts of supplies and reissue using the computerized system according to set standards; record supplies provided to other modalities (PD, Acute, Home Hemo, etc.)
• Stock treatment areas daily and provide supplies, including medications, to staff
• Maintain inventory on a first in/first out (FIFO) basis and ensure that supplies do not expire before usage; record inventory receipts, issues and transfers on a timely basis
• Print and review system reports and inventory transaction audits on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as scheduled; submit reports to FA and review reports with the Facility Administrator
• Maintain neatness, cleanliness and safety of stock room per policy and regulations
• Communicate with management, staff, purchasing agents and vendors regarding supply delivery and notify Facility Administrator of any unusual incidents
• Participate in facility QA/CQI process
• Perform duties and responsibilities of other positions in the clinic including, but not limited to Reuse Technician and Unit Secretary/Administrative Assistant as required
• Participate in team nursing and promote team concept in all facility activities; proactively assist other staff in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and as allowed by state regulations (i.e. look for ways to help)
• Consistent, regular attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position • High School diploma or equivalent required
• One year of related experience preferred
• Additional qualifications as required by individual state law
• Strong attention to detail and follow through skills required
• Familiarity with computerized inventory systems preferred; basic computer familiarity required
• Commitment to DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
• Knowledge of and adherence to DaVita Employment and Teammate policies
• Empathy, consideration, and respect for patients and co-workers
• Willingness to seek opportunities to help teammates and/or patients
• Willingness and ability to foster a positive work environment
• Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Primary written language of supplies and inventory system is English
• Vision adequate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of position including repetitive use of computer monitor.
• Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
o Ability to lift minimum of 10 pounds to a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, and use full range of body motions.
• Work Environment, LEVEL II - Job required tasks normally do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, but may require performing unplanned Level I tasks. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues; however, exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment and appropriate personal protection measures are required in those instances.
The DaVita Village Difference
• Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
• Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
• Diverse, team-driven culture that supports you.
• Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
• Stability and strong financial results - 10 years of steady revenue growth.
• Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
• A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
2901 E Grant Rd,Tucson,Arizona,85717,United States of America