Wegmans is a supermarket chain offering its products since 1916 and is based in Rochester, New York, United States. They aim to help their consumers live healthier lives. Wegmans offers employment opportunities in the following areas; retail, food services, customer service, business, healthcare, sales, media & communication, operations, arts, design, human resources, administration, and others. The employee benefits package includes; health savings account, dental insurance, life insurance, flexible spending account, military leave, adoption assistance, and much more.
Facilities Coordinator Brooklyn, NY Apply Now View Saved Jobs Explore location Schedule: Full time Availability: Morning, afternoon, evening, overnights (includes weekends) Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older Location: Brooklyn, NY Address: 21 Flushing Ave Job Posting: 02/03/2020 Job Posting End: 03/04/2020 Job ID: R0053095
At Wegmans, we strive for excellence and high standards in all areas of our company. As a Maintenance Coordinator within our regional store divisions you will be responsible for the coordination of the store maintenance program, including the contract management, scheduling, and verification of all maintenance work within the Division. If you enjoy problem solving on the job and project coordination this could be the role for you!
What Will I Do?
- Manage all coordination between Wegmans, store operations teams, and contractors, for maintenance work conducted within the division
- Ensure from start to finish, projects are planned, communicated, and completed successfully
- Inspect new store work in progress and report status to corresponding leadership groups
- Coordinate Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs and processes, ensuring a safe work environment; Ensure adherence of safety standards and coach skilled trades employees on best practices
- Provide direction during emergency response, serving as the Recovery Management point person
- Associate’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience managing capital projects and facilitating vendor relationships
- 10 or more years of technical maintenance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Experience in a fast paced maintenance environment supporting a building maintenance program
- Experience managing contractors
Wegmans has great benefits and a true family atmosphere, which makes me feel appreciated and recognized for my hard work.
Want to be the first to know when a job you are interested in opens up? Join our Talent Community to receive email alerts.
Wegmans is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote without discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Wegmans is committed to ensuring all applicants can successfully submit an application for consideration. If you have a disability under the ADA or similar law; and you wish to discuss potential accommodations to complete your application for employment, please call (585) 429-3737 and someone would be happy to assist you.