Summary/General Description of Responsibilities :
Incumbent serves as the Supervisor of the Base Maintenance Night Shift, responsible for the effective management and supervision of assigned employees, tools, equipment and other resources in the accomplishment of contract requirements in performance of services including maintenance and repair to structural, mechanical (including industrial and commercial heating, air conditioning & refrigeration systems), electrical, plumbing, environmental control systems and fire alarms and suppression systems. Coordinates availability and application of resources for performance of all in-house work approved and authorized for accomplishment. Provides input for real property operations and maintenance programs.
Essential Duties & Job Functions :
- Supervises work schedules, requirements and personnel resources to ensure contract requirements are properly met. Ensures employee compliance with safety, security, property and material management, time and attendance.
- Plans work requirements, determine priorities, schedules, supervises, and directs the work of facilities maintenance trades. Sets priorities for routine and non-routine work orders and tracks work to ensure work requests are completed in accordance with contract standards.
- Communicates with customers to identify general and specific work requirements and completes service request documentation as required.
- Inspects work in progress and completed work to ensure accomplishment in most effective and efficient manner. Interfaces with Government representatives, other shops, and customers as required to achieve maximum productivity and positive customer relations.
- Monitors work to ensure control of costs, including minimization of overtime/lost time and effective use of tools, equipment and materials, scope of work including the documentation of changes to support job amendments; and quality of work performed.
- Keeps assigned Department Superintendent informed of problems and unique warranting management notification.
- Seeks constantly to improve service to the customer at reduced cost. Makes suggestions related to use of improved procedures, methods, technology, tools and equipment, and human resources to achieve improved productivity, quality and cost performance.
- Maintains records of inspections, repairs and recurring maintenance checklists.
- Controls tools, equipment, materials and vehicles to ensure inventory control, effective utilization, safe and proper operation, cleanliness, and cost effectiveness. Turns in excess, damaged or unserviceable items in accordance with current procedures.
- Keeps current on procedures, policies, instructions, technical orders, and manufacturers manuals. Conducts on-the-job training.
- Ensures strict adherence to safety standards and practices and ensures that government furnished equipment, materials, supplies and facilities are safeguarded and maintained.
- Follows established safety procedures and utilizes safety protective equipment and clothing that pertains to particular trades or skills.
- Ensures that employees are aware of and adhere to standard timekeeping procedures.
- Resolves disciplinary problems and refers the more serious problems to the Assigned Department Superintendent with a detailed report.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Accurate, timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Working harmoniously with customers and fellow co-workers.
- Adherence to all safety and environmental requirements.
- Adhere to contract requirements and Alutiiq Commercial Enterprises, LLC policies.
- Accountable for assigned tools, materials, and equipment.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, & Professional Association)
- Minimum of five (5) years experience directly supervising multiple personnel in various trades in performance of facility maintenance (structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and fire detection and suppression systems), Minimum of a general understanding of utility operation and maintenance (electrical, water, natural gas, chilled water, steam, compressed air, sanitary and industrial waste.
- Knowledge of codes and regulations for facility maintenance and operation and ability to direct crafts persons to compliance.
- Experience in the requirements of safe operation of maintenance support equipment such as forklifts, man lifts, cutting and welding equipment, and testing equipment.
- Ability to supervise a multi-craft work force which includes experience in assigning tasks, determining and adjusting priorities, scheduling large work requirements and overseeing a reoccurring maintenance work program.
- Knowledge of standard contract regulations, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental requirements as outlined in the applicable standards, regulations and/or technical orders.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal environmental principles, practices procedures and regulations.
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret and apply rules, regulations and procedures to a variety of situations and to recommend accurate, timely, and economical solutions.
- Knowledge and broad background in construction and maintenance principles, methods and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Demonstrated skills in using various computer software, including ability to use the Windows operating system as well as common office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and Database Management.
- Current state drivers license, acceptable driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary ID/License/Certification.
- An Associate's of Science or Applied Science from a vocational/trade school, accredited college or university in related field.
- Previous experience working on a military installation.
- Previous experience working on and Air Force Installation within the Civil Engineer Operations, Flight, or Squadron.
- Previous experience working on Tinker Air Force Base facilities.
- Military experience.
- Facility Maintenance certification or equivalent.
- Previous experience using USAF Work Information Management System (IWIMS).
- Previous experience working within the Federal Government Base Operations and Support Services Arena: Experience in university, industrial, manufacturing or major complex utilities operations and facility maintenance considered.
- Familiarity with military-specific facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
Job Location Tinker AFB, Oklahoma, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular