Overhead Door is one of the most recognized and respected brands in the garage door industry. C. G. Johnson, invented the upward lifting garage door in 1921 and the electric garage door opener in 1926. For over 90 years, the Overhead Door brand has stood for product quality and expertise, as well as professional service. From commercial and industrial overhead doors and access systems to residential garage doors and openers, Overhead Door combines quality, dependable products with reliable service to consistently give home and business owners confidence and peace of mind.
- General understanding of
industrial mechanical equipment and the ability to troubleshoot and repair
a variety of industrial equipment.
- Core competencies include: the
ability weld (Mig, Arc) and fabricate, an understanding of hydraulics and
pneumatics, familiarity with hydraulic and mechanical presses, exposure to
rollform equipment, and the ability to determine the best manner of making
repairs to minimize the interruption of production
- Assists in the inspection of plant equipment for
defects, misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, erects, moves,
installs, adjusts, maintains, assembles, and lubricates mechanical and
- Assists in the building or repairing of all types,
sizes, and shapes of jigs, fixtures, and tools.
- Assembles and aligns gears, bearings, and shafts
involving the application of press, sliding and running fits.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance per
provided PM schedules and documents completed PMs in MegaMation system.
- Follows all facility safety rules: Utilize proper PPE,
Lock out tag out, Confined Space Entry, burn permits, roof permits, etc.
- Ability to read and follow engineering
schematics/drawings for fabrication, layout, and modification purposes.
- Ability to operate tools such
as drill press, pipe threading machine, power saws, burning and welding
equipment, Iron Worker, hydraulic presses, bending rolls, punch presses,
shears, and other handheld power tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of technical devices
to learn new equipment and emerging technologies.
- 2-5 years of maintenance experience
- Possess certifications of appropriate regulated trades
such as welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
- Possess valid forklift license and willing to be
trained to operate scissor lifts and/or aerial lifts.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
This job was posted on Wed May 15 2019 and expired on Sun May 19 2019.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Dismantle machines, equipment, or devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, or power tools.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Repair machines, equipment, or structures, using tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices.
- Maintain or repair specialized equipment or machinery located in cafeterias, laundries, hospitals, stores, offices, or factories.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- Order parts, supplies, or equipment from catalogs or suppliers.
- Plan and lay out repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, or schematic diagrams.
- Perform general cleaning of buildings or properties.
- Paint or repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Assemble boilers at installation sites, using tools such as levels, plumb bobs, hammers, torches, or other hand tools.
- Test and treat water supply.
- Perform routine maintenance on boilers, such as replacing burners or hoses, installing replacement parts, or reinforcing structural weaknesses to ensure optimal boiler efficiency.
- Install equipment to improve the energy or operational efficiency of residential or commercial buildings.
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures, or tools.
- Train or manage maintenance personnel or subcontractors.
- Align and balance new equipment after installation.
- Provide groundskeeping services, such as landscaping or snow removal.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, or other measuring instruments.
- Fabricate or repair counters, benches, partitions, or other wooden structures, such as sheds or outbuildings.
- Position, attach, or blow insulating materials to prevent energy losses from buildings, pipes, or other structures or objects.
- Estimate costs to repair machinery, equipment, or building structures.
- Grind and reseat valves, using valve-grinding machines.
- Design new equipment to aid in the repair or maintenance of machines, mechanical equipment, or building structures.
- Lay brick to repair or maintain buildings, walls, arches, or other structures.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Overhead Door is a company of creative architects. They provide an outstanding quality of roll-up doors, commercial sectional doors, high-speed doors, commercial operators, and residential doors at their finest. This company aims to secure every establishment that will have them install their high-tech doors. They have a combined structure and masterpiece that will make you feel secure whenever you pull down the roll-up doors. The company believes that locking your door is not enough, you need to combine it with the ability to secure the things inside it. That's why Overhead Door hired the best Architects that will ensure the safety of the doors that they are manufacturing and provide lasting durability for a period of time. And they are continuously hiring for the Architectural position. The most frequently job openings are General Manager,Commercial Sale Manager and many more.
Metal Manufacturers, Wood Manufacturers
Total job postings in the past
Based on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the past
Based on 130 job boards, duplications excluded