We are currently looking for aFull-time experienced Maintenance team member to join our family here at the Residence Inn by Marriott, in Paducah KY. Please see the job description and call for any questions or inquiries.
Responsibilities include maintaining the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical/electrical systems and equipment through the hotel (e.g. HVAC, plumbing)
- PM all HVAC units annually and chemically clean according to standards set forth by Chief Engineer
- Perform and document guest room and public areas using the Property Preservation procedures set forth by the Chief Engineer
- Provide quarterly preventative maintenance summary to the Chief Engineer
- Maintain guest room and public area electronic lock system to include troubleshooting, programming locks, reading locks, replacing locks, and printing lock reports
- Maintain hotel laundry equipment
- Assist with guest room mattress rotation quarterly
- Service the hotel's pool and spa including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters per board of Health Dept.
- Complete maintenance logs Daily
- Maintain the building exterior (e.g. snow removal, lawn care, painting)
- Maintain parking lot, including picking up trash and emptying trashcans as needed.
- Assist with annual tool inventory, forward to Chief Engineer
- Assist with conducting key audits and maintain accurate records of keys and who has them
- Provide information to guests about hotel services, facilities, other amenities, and local attractions
- Proactively listen for and respond to guest complaints to their ultimate satisfaction
- Know and be able to train and explain emergency evacuation procedures of the hotel
- Assist in daily safety training for associates.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Requires good computer skills
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to work in a busy environment.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to operate (after training) electronic lift up to heights of 35 ft.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Position requires wearing a radio and earpiece for the duration of work shift.
High school or equivalent education required.
Previous engineering experience required
Licenses or Certificates
Applicant should hold necessary certification for HVAC and/or Electrical or go through training as needed.