Precoat Metals is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation and was founded almost 60 years ago, and has been the leading brand in metal coating and treatment systems. The company is dedicated to providing solutions, developing and innovating emergent coatings. They are also committed to meeting the needs of their customers by creating something new for customers who wants a feature that isn't available on their list. The company has offices in 14 strategic locations which have high value-added processing capabilities. Precoat Metals so much values its workers and sees them as the cornerstone of the company, so potential workers at Precoat Metals can be rest assured that they will be greatly valued there. The company is currently looking for workers who are talented, innovative that will strengthen the company. There are currently several available jobs in Precoat Metals and some of them are Operations Support, Plant Administrative Coordinator, Maintenance Technician, Visual Production Inspector, and many more.
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
We currently are looking for a Maintenance Technician with responsibilities for ensuring that plant equipment and facilities are kept in good electrical/mechanical repair and working order, enabling a continuous production mode.
- Organize, and facilitate maintenance on all production and facility equipment with emphasis on equipment uptime and to resolve quality and production related issues in the spirit of continuous improvement, including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Installation, modification and fabrication of equipment and systems to meet production needs and schedules.
- Read and interpret machine electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Troubleshoot programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Use electrical test equipment as needed for repair and troubleshooting.
- Repair and rebuild electrical and mechanical components.
- Communicate clearly maintenance situations from one shift to another, including Maintenance Team Leader and Maintenance Manager.
- Plant wide accountabilities for operational aspects including progress toward quality and production goals.
- Participate in continuous improvement in safety, quality and housekeeping.
- Other tasks as determined by the Maintenance Manager.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in adhering to plant housekeeping requirements by picking up trash, sweeping work areas, and returning materials and equipment to their proper locations
- Adheres to all safety and work rules
- Participates in annual training for lock out/tag out procedures and confined space entry, as well as OSHA training
- Assists in emergency evacuations
- Adheres to and follows job specific SOPs
- Assists and trains new employees
- Maintains regular and on-time attendance
- Reads and comprehends instructions regarding new equipment, equipment changes and/or procedural changes
- Performs miscellaneous assignments as directed
- Hand, eye and feet coordination to operate fork trucks
- Hand and eye coordination to operate welding equipment, lathes, drills, saws and other equipment
- Squat, kneel or stoop frequently to perform job duties
- Reach or extend forward for long periods of time to perform job duties
- Ability to read and comprehend written materials such as blue prints, SOPs, work rules, etc.
- Ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions
- Frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Stamina to work in extreme temperatures
- Ascend and descend stairs to reach all areas of plant
- Perform work from ladders or platforms at various heights
- Dexterity to operate computers in order to enter or retrieve information
- Communicate verbally or in writing with others
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Fork trucks, propane and electric
- Overhead cranes
- Jib crane
- Various small hand tools
- Power saw
- Shears and knives
- Coil grabbers
- Welding equipment
- Testing devices
- Personal protective equipment
- Periodic temperature extremes, including temperatures over 90 degrees
- Some work areas located on 2nd or 3rd floor
- Concrete or asphalt floors
- Exposure to high levels of noise
- Exposure to dust
- Periodic exposure to fumes from paints and chemicals used in coating processes
Key Success Factors:
- Ability to read and translate Technical Manuals.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Able to effectively communicate with all members of team.
- Minimum of a High School diploma and 2+ years of experience repairing and troubleshooting in pneumatics, hydraulics, over-head cranes, forklifts, hoists, 3-phase motors, variable speed drives and controls, and heavy industrial wiring.
- Formal training in electrical, building and machine operation
- Education or equivalent experience in electrical circuitry, including AC/DC, motor controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipe fitting, and hoist and crane repair
- High school level reading and writing, visual acuity to read blue prints, diagrams, operating instructions, labels, meters, gauges, documents and instructions
- 3 to 5 years work experience in an industrial environment with experience repairing and troubleshooting in pneumatics, hydraulics, over-head cranes, forklifts, hoists, 3-phase motors, variable speed drives and controls, and heavy industrial wiring.
- Ability to safely operate manual and electric tools
- Experience with boilers, compressors and sprinkler systems is preferred
- Knowledge of PLCs is preferred
- Available to work up to 12 hours per day on rotating shifts, that could include weekends and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer