FedEx Freight is a subsidiary of the delivery giant FedEx. It provides less-than-truckload (LTL) transportation services throughout the US, Canada, and international points. Unlike traditional LTL carriers, it operates an integrated, nationwide pickup and delivery network for priority and economy, in all lengths of haul, through some 470 terminals. FedEx Freight handles 90,000-plus shipments a day via a fleet of about 75,000 pieces of equipment, including 20,000 tractors. Open positions include City Driver, Shop Technician, and Part Time Dock. The company is passionate about helping people acquire skills and education that allow them to access opportunity.
Auto req ID: 164629BR
Position Type: Part Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
This part-time position supports the FedEx Ground Facility maintenance effort by learning and developing standard preventative maintenance skills. This position is designed to work in conjunction with an accredited state approved college or trade/technical school program. The expected duration of the program is up to 36 months with evaluation at the end of the program for movement into a Technician position.
* Gains working knowledge and familiarity with basic preventative maintenance work according to FXG standards ensuring all instructions are followed and that each step is fully executed.
* Shadow and support Technicians called to sort calls; and trains on diagnoses of a failure and making required repairs.
* Learns and begins to develop personal knowledge of proper basic troubleshooting techniques to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical and control system problems.
* Learns and develops personal knowledge of the FedEx Ground operation and troubleshooting techniques for the bar code readers, all components of the SWAK network, and the incompatible and scan tunnel dimensioning equipment.
* Learns and uses the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) to enter and retrieve activity log information and reports.
* Adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment through attending safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed.
* May be required to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays, and on rotating shift assignments including day-time, midnight and sunrise schedule
High School Diploma or GED required and enrolled and taking credit courses in an approved, accredited technical program or state approved college or technical school.
No previous experience required
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
* Ability, willingness and desire to learn maintenance and machine maintenance and troubleshooting
* Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
* Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment.
* Basic verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with immediate management.
* Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
Address: 8951 Yosemite Street
Zip Code: 80640
Search Engine Description: Maintenance
Domicile Location: P802
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce