Management & Administrative Support Specialist
Arlington, VA – Pentagon
Candidate must be a U.S Citizen and hold an active TS/SCI
Our client is seeking a dynamic Management & Administrative Support Specialist (MASS) to support the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE) Immediate Office (IO). The Immediate Office MASS will directly support the CAPE Deputy Director and provide support to the other senior staff as needed. He or She will work independently and proactively to execute the coordination/completion of myriad of business matters, such as transmitting information, obtaining and assembling data, preparing presentations, communicating internally within and externally with various directorate(s), scheduling calendar meetings and events. The MASS will also perform the following detailed activities:
- Provide information, recommendations, and documentation in support of various office functions and special projects.
- Provide administrative support including, but not limited to research and preparation of graphic presentations; word-processing, proofreading, filing, and database management.
- Compile data and develop reports on operating unit programs, and procedures as related to the OSD CAPE and IO efforts.
- Provide support services to receive and review submitted staff action officer packages, format action packages, and route the packages for appropriate signature.
- Review and track action items as delegated.
- Provide support services using the Defense Travel System (DTS) as Organization Defense Travel Administrator (ODTA) for each deputate scheduling Tour of Duty (TDY) visits, arranging associated travel and accommodation, preparing orders, vouchers, related paperwork and the organization’s internal control policies.
- Record compliance and other record lifecycle material applicable to existing Federal record policy and legislation, in accordance with the DoD Administrative Instruction 15 and other federal record requirements such as DoD, General Services Administration (GSA) and National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).
- Maintain familiarity with Federal and Department policies with comprehensive knowledge of commonly used management methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies and processes.
- Assist with administrative operations to ensure they are met in a timely, orderly, and efficient manner to include event scheduling and logistics, minutes/note taking, office supply procurement, staff binders and contact lists, mail delivery and retrieval, photocopying and scanning, correspondence review, and staff move coordination.
- Working knowledge of requirements for successful preparation and approval coordination of reports, briefings, memoranda, and presentations.
- Understanding of knowledge management techniques and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts), or seven (7) years of executive assistant experience supporting senior-level Department of Defense (DoD) executives.
- Ability to multi-task independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise with a Windows operating system and with the Microsoft Suite products (Excel, Word, Office).
- Demonstrate ability to write clearly and concisely, to include proper use of grammar and logically correct content.
- Working knowledge of requirements for successful preparation and approval, coordination of reports, briefings, memoranda and presentations.
- Experience developing Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
Nice to Have:
- DoD system experience, specifically the Defense Travel System (DTS), and Correspondence and Task Management System (CATM).
- Possession of excellent team-oriented and team skills.
- Ability to articulate and solve complex problems and concepts.
- Strong focus on quality control, customer service, consistency, and attention to detail to ensure accuracy of work completed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Critical thinking.