Calamp is a multifaceted organisation that deals with telematics solutions in context of transforming and connecting global economy. It offers a variety of solutions in terms of Global Transportation & Logistics, Industrial Iot, Government & Municipalities, Connected Cars, K-12 Education, Etc. Its clients are generally ecommerce companies, financial firms, and other businesses. It has employed highly skilled workforce to provide apex services. It is continuously growing and it comes up with the innovative solutions keeping in view the changing needs and wants of the technology. The services are designed by focusing on the personalized and customized needs of its clients. It always prefers stakeholders’ satisfaction, and makes no compromise on service quality. All details, service guidelines, and career updates are provided on the site to avoid any discrepancies. This platform also provides a variety of career opportunities for job seekers. Jobs in various fields including etc can be found easily in the Career section.
Based in beautiful Sourthern California, we are CalAmp, the pure-play pioneering leader of the Connected Car, Connected Truck and broader Internet of Things (IoT) marketplace. Currently, we are seeking a skilled Supply Chain Manager experienced in managing contract manufacturers (EMS/ODM's). This is an exciting opportunity for those who wish to work for a stable, well-established company that builds transformational technologies within the revolutionary domain of IoT.
We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to being an employer of choice in our industry. CalAmp offers an engaging and diverse work environment that permits our people to take pride in their contributions and share in the company’s success. Our employees can expect the space to showcase their talent, sharpen their skills, develop new capabilities, and be a part of a global team that develops revolutionary technologies. We proudly offer the stability and security of a large publicly-traded tech company without the rigidity and red tape.
In particular, we offer:
- Meaningful work with the potential to disrupt an entire industry
- Visionary leadership
- Excellent compensation packages
- An extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits
- Flexible time off policy and accommodating work schedules
- Education Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Innovative, intelligent, collaborative teammates
This position can be based out of our offices in Irvine, California, Carlsbad, California, Richardson, Texas or from home if you live near LAX.
As a Supply Chain Manager, you will play an integral role in the transformation of CalAmp’s globally oriented, outsourced supply chain strategy. You will focus on developing and managing relationships with Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) and Original Design Manufacturing (ODM) suppliers.
- Identify, establish and manage relationships with contract manufacturers.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams and ensure appropriate resources are allocated across the organization to support contract manufacturing pipeline of projects.
- Coordinate across teams to manage list of all active projects, track status and prepare summaries as needed and lead or participate in project prioritization meetings regularly.
- Develop a sourcing supply chain strategy.
- Reconcile strategic business plan targets, identify and communicate gaps along with gap-closing proposals.
- Drive continuous improvement in portfolio reporting and senior leadership engagement.
- Manage several complex and new product initiatives through key milestones ensuring timely completion of all deliverables.
- Drive accountability and deliverables with contract manufacturers.
- Communicate with and influence business leaders to make sound business decisions and manage risks.
- Translate business strategies into clear initiative action plans.
- Demonstrate desire and passion to lead breakthrough efforts with willingness to learn and explore outside of normal boundaries to accelerate results Initiate and lead cross-functional meetings with key stakeholders to review project status, key deliverables, risks, issues, decisions and actions.
- Develop strong partnerships at all levels across the commercial and technical teams.
- Work independently, with limited day-to-day guidance from leadership.
- Resolve, within scope of authority, accounts payable or supplier payment problems, informational requirements, payables or credit status communications issues, or other procurement related issues.
- At least 7 years of experience in the supply chain management field with a focus on managing relationships with electronic contract manufacturers
- Knowledge of and experienced in creating RFI, RFQ, RFP processes and requirements
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated negotiation and analytical skills
- Skilled in Project Management and strategic thinking
- Knowledge of contracts and financial administration
- Knowledge of goods and services as it related to the electronic manufacturing industry
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE, Supply Chain, Accounting/Econ or related.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Mandarin.
- Experience with MRM and IoT products/devices.
- Greenbelt certification.
- APICS certification.
- MBA Degree.
If you are talented at managing relationships with Electronic Manufacturing Contractors and have an interest in the Internet of Things domain, we want to speak with you. Interviews are occurring this week and next so apply now if interested.