American Express (The American Express Company, also known as Amex) is a multinational financial services corporation headquartered in New York City, offering innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions. The company was founded in 1850 and is best known for its credit card and traveler's cheque businesses. The core solutions of the company are currently credit cards, small business credit cards, corporate cards, prepaid cards, savings accounts & CDs and gift cards. A world of opportunities, a world-class leadership and an inclusive culture will help you thrive if you choose to join the company. American Express has established a compensation package to support employees and families at every stage of their lives by caring about their physical, financial and emotional well-being, providing health benefits, wellness and prevention, tuition assistance, paid parental leave, and many more.
Job Description - Manager – Acquisition Insights & Project Management (18018162)
Manager – Acquisition Insights & Project Management-18018162
Manager – Acquisition Insights & Project Management
American Express is aggressively digitizing our business with significant investment along every dimension in this space. As part of this intensive effort, our Enterprise Digital Analytics group (EDA) has an exciting opportunity available within our Investment Optimization & Acquisition Reporting team.
The mission for the Investment Optimization and Acquisition Reporting team is to enable business success by globalizing the Investment Optimization process and conducting actionable analysis. The team is responsible for providing analytical and consultative support for all card acquisition activity.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with strong project management & analytical skills, ability to apply both quantitative methods and business skills to drive results. He / She will drive thought leadership and provide project management expertise while enabling profitable acquisitions by reviewing and analyzing card acquisitions information. The individual will be required to manage projects which will help enhance and improve the platform and process related to Investment Optimization.
- Drive efficiencies to maximize Return on Investment (ROI) and Incremental Billed Business Acquired (BBA) for proprietary portfolios
- Define product vision based on understanding of process needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities
- Closely collaborate with central and local marketing teams to influence acquisition strategies while ensuring investment funds are optimized.
- Work closely with the Finance Platform (TM1) engineering team responsible for product build & enhancement
- Define requirements, prioritize features and guide product delivery
- Coordinate project meetings, updates and ensure available systems / tools are optimally utilized
- Develop proper documentation across projects and initiatives as well as make available through shared tools (eg Jira & Confluence) to inform key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or Management Information Systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Marketing, Project management, Risk management, Finance
- Leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams
- Proven ability in managing projects, including experience in gathering requirements and translating business needs to technology specifications
- Strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, ability to assess opportunities
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leveraging tools such as Jira and Confluence a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Customer Infomation Management
Nov 19, 2018, 4:21:59 PM-Dec 3, 2018, 11:59:00 PM