Job Description - Manager, Business Analytics 2 - Supply Analytics
Job Location: San Jose, United States
About eBay: Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Company: eBay is one of the world's largest online marketplaces, connecting people with the things they need and love virtually anytime, anywhere. eBay has over 170 million active buyers globally and more than 1 Billion live individual and merchant listings at any given time. With 300+ million app downloads, available in 190 countries, eBay delivers a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world
Job Title: Manager, Business Analytics 2
The Vertical Analytics team, sits within the Finance and Analytics organization for AMER, focused on vertical level initiatives. We are looking to hire a strong Senior Analytics Manager to support the NA vertical Initiatives, based in San Jose, US.
You will partner with the cross functional business and Analytics teams across NA and will work closely with Verticals BU and Finance to build analytical capabilities and solution.
The role is data and analytically intensive and individual is expected to offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. You should possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in problem definition, rigorous analysis, and recommendation development is critical. Successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal skills, initiative and integrity.
As a senior manager of analytics team, you will also be responsible to mentor, handle day to day work & guide junior resources within the team (both On-shore & Off-shore team)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Build close partnership with the business teams to Innovate, Identify and Explore new analytics and operational opportunities to help drive results to enable the business units to track and drive initiatives via the performance metrics to identify, quantify, prioritize, test, launch and monitor improvements in business outcomes in their markets from both buyer and seller perspectives.
* Key "go-to" person for business functional leads within B/U to provide thought leadership and recommendations to future business direction partnering with product and business teams
* Mentor teams collaboratively among business partners
* Identify and develop analytical frameworks to evaluate growth levers like Promotions, Pricing, Coupons and establish measurement and tracking
* Establish a clear and open framework for evaluating the business and impact of initiatives
* Run and execute entire projects or components of large projects including data gathering and manipulation, synthesis, modeling, problem solving, and documentation
* Consistent record of deep engagement as invested partner, coaching across business units on analytics strategy, interpreting results, providing clear focused business direction and insights
* Demonstrate deep functional based analysis, with ability to persuasively present insights and make recommendations and execute under acute time constraints
* BS/BA degree (ideally in a quantitative field such in Engineering, Statistics, Applied Econometrics, Math, Physics, Computer Science, other related Core Sciences or equivalent) with analytics experience Or Master's degree in similar field or MBA and experience in analytics and exposure to varied functions within analytics/finance
* A strong background of relevant work experience in data analytics
* Minimum 9+ years related experience, impacting large business unit results and partner relationships
* Familiarity with relevant tools such as Python, SQL, Spark/ Scala, Hadoop, R, Excel, and Tableau
* Experience of handling individuals and/or business partner of large domain/business unit with proven results and exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytic impact
* Effective leader who understands eBay business and current business trends, responsible for improving financial and business performance
* Engage through creation of business processor equivalent Expert Excel, Power Point skills and database query skills (e.g., SQL); and proficiency in data warehouse architecture
* Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and to effectively collaborate within cross-functional teams
* Breadth of experiences and use cases data mining and quantitative analytic ability and hands-on data analytics experience
* Prior experience and knowledge of e-commerce industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement