Adventist HealthCare is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, serving Maryland and Washington D.C. The team of dedicated professionals work together to improve the health and well-being of people and communities through a ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. They strive to convey this mission by living the organization’s core values of respect, integrity, service, excellence, and stewardship. If you are ready to move your career forward with Adventist HealthCare, you will find open positions in the fields of allied health, home health, mental health, nursing, and professional and supportive services. When joining the team, you will enjoy benefits, continuing education opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Manager, Community Outreach who:
Job SummaryMaintains responsibility for leading the development of programs to improve community health/wellness. Establishes and cultivates relationships with community partners to create synergy among programs to improve community health. Partners with the community, including community-based organizations. Oversees and integrates Center operations with various community partner site locations. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment.
* Supervises staff and oversees all Center functions. Oversees office clerical functions including staffing the front desk with volunteers, directing Information Center calls, emails and visits. Establishes and grows Senior Services' Programs. Develops and maintains schedule of community educational events related to enrollment, senior services and community outreach. Establishes relationships with community organizations throughout the service area and coordinates dissemination of health/ insurance enrollment information.
* Manages daily operations of Center programs. Establishes and manages satellite Center services at area community organizations and provides on-site health assessments to select area employers. Develops and manages external partnerships with community organizations/members, businesses, political leaders and neighborhood initiatives. Works with external partners to plan and implement collaborative population health strategies. Coordinates outreach for Center programs and services. Ensures statistics on the overall utilization and benefit of outreach programs are reported. Conducts performance reviews and provides input on direct reports for human resource decisions such as hiring, promotions and disciplinary actions.
* Serves as liaison to external events, boards and convening groups. Tracks Center guest activity and enrollment numbers, develops and presents Center status and impact reports to leadership and community partners, as needed. Leads strategic planning for Center vision and structures daily operations to meet goals and objectives. Researches and develops innovative and results-oriented community health programs to increase access to health care, disease prevention and management services, and health-promoting community resources. Oversees strategic operations of Signature Programs.
* Develops and manages budget(s). Seeks program-relevant grant opportunities, writes grant applications and manages awarded grant funds. Works to develop replicable planning and operations manuals for use at organizational sites. Maintains schedule of events for enrollment in various federal insurance programs. Establishes relationships with senior centers and related agencies in the area. Oversees development of a senior lecture series and coordinates medical staff involvement with health fairs/lectures. Recruits, trains and supervises volunteers to assist with event functions.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in business, public relations, marketing or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
* Master's Degree: Preferred
* Five years technical experience: Preferred
* One years leadership experience: Preferred
* One years program management, health maintenance program development or related experience: Preferred