Warner Media is an entertainment company with a strong portfolio of iconic characters. It's a hub of the best storytellers to drive meaningful culture and connection. It operates in 55 countries across six continents. The canvas offers to its partners brings freedom and more opportunities to develop and create exceptional. The company has a team of corporate and administration, finance and accounting, creative content and editorial, human resources, marketing, and communications, product management, legal and building affairs, production, and technology. These diverse departments, offer a huge employment opportunities. It promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion to shape the communities.
Posting Job Title
Manager, Data Science - HBO Max WarnerMedia Business
HBO Max Posting Job Description Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before. The Job
The Manager, Data Science will be a part of the Data Science team responsible for the day to day output for WarnerMedia's streaming service. As the Manager, Data Science, you will be responsible for using your expertise in advanced analytics and predictive modeling to guide you to solve business challenges and enable our organization to make data driven decisions. You will be responsible for leveraging your domain knowledge in combination with math and statistical knowledge to conduct analyses, build models, and synthesize results across various data sources which will be shared with internal and external stakeholders across all levels. You will be part of a team whose goal is to improve how we create, market, and distribute our content, our service, and interact with our customers. The Daily
- Work on building and executing plans to optimize the use and value of data to increase consumer engagement and better decision making across the organization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their needs to ensure alignment on the development and delivery of scalable solutions.
- Become a trusted partner and provide guidance and recommendations how data can be leveraged to answer questions and solve problems.
- Work closely with the BI and engineering teams to implement the tools needed to support the empowerment of the organization with data.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of high impact data solutions.
- Deliver best in class models predicting user behaviors such as churn, and likelihood of engaging with new or existing content.
- Prepare and present results of analyses and insights that help drive the business to senior leadership.
- Develop and implement machine learning algorithm to understand customer behavior/lifecycle/usage pattern, determine customer LTV, identify early warning of customer churn/cancellation, and perform other ad-hoc analysis.
- Present models and methodology to senior management and socialize results and learnings within the organization to drive business decisions.
- Create models using internal customer data in combination with various external datasets (e.g. survey data) to drive marketing activity.
- Combine campaign information and large user-level datasets together to generate insights which inform advertising campaign and media strategies.
- Utilize large volumes of first party, second party, and third-party data to identify market opportunities.
- 7+ years' experience in advanced analytics and data science roles, entertainment/media experience is preferred.
- 2+ years' experience managing a team.
- PhD/MS in computer science, machine learning, statistics, applied mathematics, physics, or other scientific or computational disciplines.
- Significant experience working with relational databases and SQL.
- Advanced-level proficiency in both R and Python (including class/function structure, package design and management).
- Experience with the application of data science and advanced analytics techniques across structured and unstructured data.
- Expertise in statistical analysis approaches such as time series, cluster analysis, regression, structural equation modeling, etc.
- Proven expertise applying data science techniques to solve business problems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Proven ability building relationships and collaborate with stakeholders across large organizations.
- Experience developing customer centric models to predict behaviors such as churn.
- Experience developing content evaluation and performance prediction models.
- Significant experience working with data from digital ad platforms, e.g. Facebook, Google Ads, etc.
- Experience with working in cloud-based environments like AWS.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. Requisition #
176215BR Area of Interest
Data Science Industry
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services Location
United States - New York - New York Position Type
Full Time Business Unit