Becker Professional Education is an educational institute that was founded in 1957 and headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. They are empowering people and enhancing their career success. They are helping accounting and healthcare professionals. Their typical services include USMLE Exam Review, CPA Exam Review, and Continuing Professional Education Courses. Its professional education is Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a U.S. Department of Education. They have 2900 partners including firms, corporations, societies, universities, and government agencies. They have 4 global accounting firms and have maintained relations with 99 accounting firms of the United States. They need industry experts to train, educate, and inculcate some core values in their learning certified programs of CPA. They often need some experts in the domains such as content strategist, Faculty members, Accountant Manager, Creative Producer, Senior Project Manager, and many more. Their annualemployment growth rate is 2%.
Opportunity at a Glance
This position assists the Director, Finance & Strategy for Becker Professional Education with all forecasting, planning and analysis (FP&A) duties pertaining to core Becker businesses. The Manager leads the development of all financial models, annual budgets and forecasts. The Manager provides financial reporting to the Becker Leadership team that enhances visibility and control over revenue and expenses. The Manager FP&A provides analytical decision support, including P&L analysis, capital expenditure justification, and transaction due diligence.
- Conducts financial statement analysis for month end close, forecasts, annual operating plan, strategic plan and ad hoc requests for core Becker businesses as well as recent acquisitions
- Conducts financial consolidations for Becker Professional Education businesses and related functional groups.
- Builds or revises planning models in Excel for month end close, forecasts annual operating plan, strategic plan, etc. Ensures integrity of plans and forecasts in TM1.
- Coordinates forecast and annual operating plan process activities with Becker Professional Education functional groups and Home office.
- Identifies and implements systems and/or process efficiencies with regard to financial planning.
- Work with accounting and functional groups as needed to understand results and resolve issues.
- Assists in drafting presentations for business reviews to Becker and/or Professional Education management.
- Perform finance analytics for ad hoc requests, cost improvement and revenue driving initiatives.
- Any other duties as may be assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must draw from solid financial planning experience and business acumen to quickly understand, analyze and address business results and issues.
- Effective verbal and written communication; must have the ability to concisely and effectively communicate with key constituents in formal and informal settings.
- Works collaboratively with other institutions/functional areas (e.g. accounting, marketing, sales, operations, reporting, IT) to assist with enhancing business processes, internal controls and reporting.
- Professional maturity; possesses an ability to work with key constituents/business partners in tactfully negotiating issues to arrive at win-win solutions.
- Self-starter; Ability to work independently and make sound decisions with his/her scope of responsibility with minimal direction.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to create executive communication (e.g. PPT presentations)
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and work in a fast-paced environment with many initiatives.
- Discretion; can be trusted with confidential information.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Approaches duties with intellectual curiosity and creativity to analyze the business and assess current/future opportunities and risks.
- Sees big picture implications pertaining to finance and beyond.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years in an FP&A role; preferably leading the planning function for a strategic business unit
- Sound understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Expertise with TM1 and Cognos a plus.Bachelor’s degree required in finance or accounting; MBA preferred
- Strong analytic capability and propensity for continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and conflict management skills.
- Ability to operate independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to tactfully interact with all business stakeholders for requests and resolution of issues
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel and Power Point.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are
Becker Professional Education, is a global leader in professional education serving the accounting and finance, project management, talent development, international business and healthcare professions. See why professionals around the world prepare to advance their careers through our CPA Exam Review, ACCA® Courses, CMA Exam Review, PMP® Exam Review, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) courses and USMLE® Review. Our industry leading experience has also resulted in life-long partnerships as LMS providers to fit your businesses needs - whether it's Lean Six Sigma Certifications or Continuing Professional Education courses. Throughout our more than 50-year history, Becker has earned a strong track record of student success through world-class teaching, curriculum and learning tools that enable its students to develop the knowledge and performance skills necessary to stay ahead in an ever-changing business world.