APL Logistics (APLL) designs and operates smart globally integrated supply chains. We combine logistics solutions with transportation services across the world. APLL is a member of Kintetsu World Express group (KWE), a global logistics services provider. Operating in more than 110 locations in 60 countries, APLL manages 200 logistics facilities covering over 20 million square feet globally. With more than 7,600 logistics professionals across the world with local market knowledge, APLL is your trusted global logistics partner. For additional company information, please refer to
Under the direction of a General Manager, the incumbent manages one or more cost centers. Working with and through supervisory and warehouse personnel, the incumbent is a team builder who manages the daily activities of the warehouse including personnel scheduling, supervision and proper and safe utilization of space, equipment, building and personnel. The Operations Manager services as the key interface and coordinator between warehouse and office operations. Within the scope of this position's responsibilities, the incumbent must apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business processes, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination while at the same time, meeting Corporate values and objectives.
Key Result Areas
1. Organize processes to the optimal level through the continual focus on the identification and elimination of waste.
2. Apply 5S Lean methodology using a structured 5 step approach to designing, attaining and maintaining a high level of housekeeping and work process organization, thereby creating and sustaining a safe, clean and orderly facility.
3. Ensure the direct and indirect reports are in compliance with all Federal and state OSHA and Company Safety requirements and maintain an injury & accident free work environment.
4. Identify and implement cost saving initiatives that impact both the facility and the Company as a whole.
Warehouse Personnel Management & Development
· Directs warehouse supervisory personnel to achieve prescribed objectives.
· Matches skills and background of personnel to work required.
· Ensures that timely performance feedback is given to direct reports on an ongoing basis with formal reviews conducted per the APL Logistics, Inc., approved guidelines.
· Promotes employee development through in-house training, goal setting, and achievement feedback.
· Takes corrective disciplinary measures via progressive and well documented discipline program.
Building and Space Utilization
· Plans and manages the effective utilization of space to meet cost and service standards. Monitors to ensure it continues to meet Company standards and customer product requirements. Develops and implements an effective product locator system, updating as needed.
· Develops and maintains procedures to ensure the efficient operation and utilization of all warehouse equipment. Monitors the cleanliness and working conditions of all equipment, overseeing repairs, adjustments or replacements as needed. Adjust the quantity and type to meet business needs and minimize costs. Develops an equipment maintenance schedule.
· Develops implements and directs programs to ensure the safety of all personnel to meet Company standards and federal regulations. Reports all work-related injuries to upper management immediately, filing appropriate reports and seeking medical attention as needed. Actively promotes safety awareness and ensures the continued effectiveness of the programs. Ensures that regularly scheduled safety inspections are conducted and any necessary corrective actions are taken. Ensures facility remains in compliance with all city, state and federal regulations
· Plans and schedules all distribution services including receiving, storage, staging and shipping in an efficient economical manner that meets the customer requirements.
· Responsible for inventory control, directing procedures to ensure the security of assets and the prevention of damages or loss. Maintain cycle count programs to audit inventory accuracy. Prepares month-end reports as required.
· Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with all customers and work team. Audit operations to ensure service standards are being met. Provide customer service training program for all front-line personnel. Maintain high profile with customers and solicit feedback.
· May participate in the preparation of budget, revenue projections and account analysis.
· Responsible to understand and interpret financial information on the P&L statements
Sales & Marketing
· May support sales efforts by providing required operations data and interacting with customers.
· Attend workshops, AA Basic Warehouse Management course, etc., as prescribed or as requested and approved.
· Serve as a member of management committee.
· Encourage employees to participate in ASP program by word and by example and being active in the program.
· Performance other tasks as assigned. Must comply and assure compliance of subordinates with written policies as set forth in dress code policy, attendance policy and associate handbook
· A college degree in logistics/distribution or equivalent required.
· Must have two to three (2-3) years of management/supervision experience.
· Must be knowledgeable in warehouse management and operations, including equipment and its proper use and maintenance.
· Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
· Must be able to manage budgets.
· Must be able to analyze and comprehend.
· Must have attention to detail.
· Must be able to make good decisions.
· Must be able to motivate and develop teams and individuals in successfully completing duties.
· Requires professional and positive attitude, appearance and demeanor in dealing with customers and work team.
· Ability to be pro-active in customer responsive warehouse environment, being flexible in meeting customer needs.
· Must be action oriented and exhibit strong leadership skills.
· Must inspire trust and build a culture of integrity through implementing processes.
Shift: Day Job
Application currently closed
Estimated annual salary
Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
Develop cost reduction strategies and savings plans.
Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
The position manages the daily activities of a warehouse to provide highest customer service, working efficiency, safety, and lowest cost for operational areas. The Supervisor provides leadership as well as motivating, training, and developing of the team...Read more
Description - External Job Purpose Support all aspects of NAM G&A Analyze activity across NAM LOBs as required Analyze historical and current financial data of organization, and estimates future revenues and expenditures, applying principles of finance...Read more
Material Handler II OPEN at APL Logistics NOW! Do you want to earn a competitive pay rate, have consistent hours, full benefits, and be provided with opportunities for career advancement? Do you follow new technology and thrive on troubleshooting, have a...Read more
Overview: This role will support Customer Service/Manager executing day-to-day activities relevant to current customers. The person will collaborate closely with customers, carriers and internal groups ensuring compliance of logistics requirements are met...Read more
Job Purpose Support all aspects of NAM G&A Analyze activity across NAM LOBs as required Analyze historical and current financial data of organization, and estimates future revenues and expenditures, applying principles of finance Runs and documents...Read more
Under the direction of a General Manager, the incumbent manages one or more cost centers. Working with and through supervisory and warehouse personnel, the incumbent is a team builder whoRead more
APL Logistics (APLL) designs and operates smart globally integrated supply chains. We combine logistics solutions with transportation services across the world. APLL is a member of KintetsuRead more
**Data Entry Specialist** **Description** **Company Overview** Carmichael International Service (CIS) is a full-service Customs Broker and Freight Forwarder with over 56 years of personal service. CISRead more
**Supervisor II, Contract Logistics (CLS) (United States)** **Description** Overview: The position manages the daily activities of a warehouse to provide highest customer service, working efficiency,Read more
APL Logistics provides global, integrated supply chain services in more than 60 countries, including both origin and destination services such as freight consolidation, warehousing, and distributionRead more
Description We are looking for an experienced Controller Training Solutions (CTS) Contract Site Supervisor to join the SAIC TEAM providing air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA). The position will function...Read more
A human therapeutics firm is in need of a Remote Payer Coverage Contracts and Pricing Senior Manager. Core Responsibilities Include: Developing the payer coverage and pricing contracting strategies Leading qualitative and quantitative contracting analyses...Read more
A privately-held computer software company is seeking a Remote Senior Specialist and Contracts Consultant. Must be able to: Help draft, negotiate and manage a wide range of potential contracts Identify and mitigate business risks throughout the contracting...Read more
* Duties Help Duties Summary These positions are to be filled under the OPM Government-Wide Direct Hire Authority for STEM Positions for grades GS 11-15. This serves as a public notice for the use of the Direct Hire Authority in accordance with 5 U.S.C...Read more
Deliver with Uber. Earn on your schedule. Sign up to deliver with Uber Eats and earn $1200 when you complete 100 deliveries in your first 90 days. Work on your schedule. Deliver for a few hours in the mornings, every night, or just on weekends; it's up to...Read more
Description We are looking for an experienced Controller Training Solutions (CTS) Contract Site Supervisor to join the SAIC TEAM providing air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA).The position will function...Read more
Are you interested in a new opportunity where you can work independently, make a difference in your community, and delight hundreds of customers every day? Apply to be a Delivery Associate today. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, a great company...Read more
Worker Type:EmployeeThe Ensono Commercial Services organization has opened a position for a Senior Contract Specialist in its Chicago, IL headquarters. This position provides front line support for Ensono's sales and strategic revenue generating commercial...Read more
A performance improvement solutions company has an open position for a Telecommute Transactional Project Coordinator. Individual must be able to fulfill the following responsibilities: Support project Execution, Control, and Close activities by providing...Read more
Our client seeks a confident Purchasing Manager with the ability to independently deliver high quality results in a fast paced dynamic industrial Steel manufacturing environment covering 6 facilities, with 2 in the US and 4 in Canada. This is a highly...Read more
A healthcare technology company needs applicants for an opening for a Remote Healthcare Technology Contracts Manager. Core Responsibilities of this position include: Supporting our Sales team as they develop and complete sales contracts Continuing to drive...Read more
Sr. Contract Compliance Administrator /Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included...Read more
Under general supervision, performs analytics and clerical aspects of the contract and bid pricing documentation function. Answers questions and solves pricing and issues based on pricing and company specific knowledge. Communicates and interacts wit...Read more
A clinical research organization is filling a position for a Telecommute Site Contract and Budget Specialist. Core Responsibilities of this position include: Ensuring the successful negotiation and on-going management of clinical trial agreements with...Read more
A healthcare service provider has a current position open for a Telecommute Healthcare Contract Manager. Core Responsibilities Include: Drafting and managing negotiation process of vendor contracts and non-disclosure agreements Maintaining contractual...Read more
An online delivery company has an open position for a Remote Senior Procurement Manager. Individual must be able to fulfill the following responsibilities: Control all procurement for new markets Build supplier and vendor relationships Negotiate cost...Read more
A provider of integrated technology and services for the legal profession is searching for a person to fill their position for a Remote Senior Legal Operations Consultant. Core Responsibilities of this position include: Ensuring high quality consulting...Read more
Manager, Sales & Use ComplianceRequisition #: 56811Practice Area: TaxLocation: Sacramento, CA; Lisle, ILAt KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of...Read more
**36768BR** **Job Title:** Pricing Coordinator--Contracts **Location:** Performance Chicago (0785) **Job Description:** Under general supervision, performs analytics and clerical aspects of the contract and bid pricing documentation function. Answers...Read more
**Business Title:** Senior Manager, M&A Partnership Transactions **Requisition Number:** 59088 - 32 **Function:** Tax Services **Area of Interest:** **State:** IL **City:** Lisle **Description:** At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an...Read more
**Forecasting Manager** **Description** **JOB SUMMARY** The purpose of this position is to ensure that the development and execution of the supply and demand resource plan for our utility companies are performed in a timely, accurate and collaborative...Read more
Under general supervision, performs analytics and clerical aspects of the contract and bid pricing documentation function. Answers questions and solves pricing and issues based on pricing and company specific knowledge. Communicates and interacts with...Read more