Required: LSW certification (licenced social worker)
Purpose of Classification:
The purpose of this classification is to provide social services assistance to families focusing on assessments, intensive care management and counseling or provide support to case load of clients seeking to become self-reliant.
The following duties are normal for this position.
The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification.
Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Completes assessments; Develops Individual Service Plans (ISP’S); acquires documentation; provides referral information, participates in performance planning and works toward professional and personal goals; maintains all service documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Provides crisis intervention support for customers and maintains communications with staff, customers and referral sources; provides individual and group counseling; conducts agency business in an ethical manner, consistent with the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics; engages and supports a diverse population of customers; maintains a minimum number of active cases.
- Utilizes internal and external educational resources to provide lectures and workshops such as
- Facilitates Anger Management, Parenting, Domestic Violence, and Life Skills Workshops; Engages, educates and supports a diverse population of customers;
- Engages community and businesses when appropriate to develop community resources to assist customers to become self-sufficient.
- Participates in the Case Manager’s Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process, including team meetings and case load staffing; initiates regular home and field visits as part of an overall case management and outreach strategy.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings, conferences, trainings, and workshops for professional development and to obtain best practices for improving knowledge, skills and abilities.
Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field required; supplemented by one year of work experience in social work and knowledge in casework and advisory services; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
License or Certification Required:
Must possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license. Must possess and maintain a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) designation.