9Health has brought free and reduced cost health screenings to Colorado communities for 38 years, with its genesis coming from KUSA/9NEWS. For the past 30 years, it has operated as a standalone non-profit supporting 14,000 volunteers running 120 health fairs annually. 9Health is poised to increase its health and wellness impact and opportunity substantially in the coming years through increased utilization of its media and low-cost health innovations.
The Digital Media Manager is a key member of the communications team responsible for supporting 9Health’s communications goals that include marketing/sales, public relations, social media, video and additional emerging channels as needed. This position will manage social and digital media both paid and owned and execute day-to-day content management as well as strategy and planning with the VP of Communications.
Manages editorial calendar and content creation for digital and social channels such as website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and more. Creates compelling content for video, written, web and social media. Coordinates with Health and Wellness Department to ensure all content is medically approved and produced with the highest quality standard for each medium. Responsible for reporting and analytics regarding digital and social content and presenting data to VP of Communications and others as needed. Evaluates emerging technologies and platforms and provides thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate. Manages video content creation, distribution, archiving and storage and tracking. Assists VP of Communications with deploying media and marketing campaigns with 9NEWS, and other key media partners and sponsors. Also works with 9News’ Director of Digital Media. Assists with all media outreach and creation, including statewide media contacts, writing and distributing press releases to target media, creating and posting 9Health Fair and health-related content to website, Facebook, Twitter, blogs and other outlets, video creation, distribution and storage. Supports health fairs with media coordination.
Community, Philanthropy and Volunteer Engagement: 10%
Fully participates in the philanthropy, community and volunteer engagement initiatives of 9Health Fair; helps with volunteer recruitment, cultivation and leadership development where appropriate within job responsibilities; incorporates 9Health Fair’s outreach to diverse communities where appropriate within job responsibilities.
Administration/Other Duties as Assigned: 5%
Coordinates with IT and vendors as needed to support the digital media platforms, including website and other.
- Degree in journalism, marketing, public relations or field related to communications, journalism, sponsorships, marketing or public relations
- Minimum of three years of job-related experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish) desired
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with great attention to accuracy
- Ability to provide leadership and execution for the digital media vision and strategy
- Be a team player with a positive, professional and reliable demeanor
- Must be articulate and possess strong presentation skills
- Must have exceptional writing and communication skills
- Experience with WordPress and front-end website content management tools
- Superior working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, MAC, Premier, etc.
- Must be self-motivated, a quick learner and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Able to work independently or cooperatively with a variety of people
- Health industry experience and literacy a plus
- Excellent social media skills and experience (existing and new
- Video production and editing skills
- Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and good Motor Vehicle record
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.