Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Senior Global Commodity Leader - Engineered SystemsEssential Responsibilities
- Develop and execute long-term strategies for assigned commodities across a global supply base. Metrics include but are not limited to cost savings, total landed cost assessment, make vs. buy comparisons, on time delivery, cycle time reduction, defect reduction, cash flow improvement, etc.
- Create short and long term commodity strategy, follow seven steps strategic sourcing process, lead/influence cross-functional team members (engineering, quality, fulfillment/purchasing, field service, manufacturing, program management, sales).
- Lead overall supplier management with the technology partners or team members and in accordance with the business strategy.
- Manage standard commodity leader processes such as forecasting, standard setting, and Operating Plan development & execution.
New Program Strategic Management:
- Lead the team effort to develop and execute the strategy on new programs.
- Identify, develop and onboard suppliers and help the business achieve localization of production as well as service needs for global production & service contracts.
- Drive strategic sourcing activities on assigned supply base and prepare it to serve global needs.
- Drive strategic supplier relationships and utilize fact-based negotiation tactics to increase amount of spend under contract and achieve stated business goals.
- Act as the commodity focal point with New Product Introduction, Engineering, Product Management, Materials and Quality Teams, and work towards achieving common business goals.
- Identify and establish strong constructive relationship with key stakeholders such as engineering to be able to execute the sourcing projects successfully.
- Setup and lead weekly cross-functional project review meetings. Be very systematic and utilize existing project management tools or improve as needed in order to track and execute various sourcing projects.
Dual Source Development:
- Identify, plan & execute strategic dual source initiatives.
- Drive cross-functional effort, be persuasive, and ensure timely completion of the projects.
Low Cost Country Spend Migration:
- Lead the spend migration to Low Cost countries and drive pole teams to achieve faster project execution. Review validation plan with the technical team and improve timing without jeopardizing the business.
- Work with suppliers to develop ramp up plans and capacity expansion plans. Ensure maintenance of safety stocks and smooth cut in of projects.
Service Productivity Projects:
- Work with the Services team to identify productivity project opportunities and lead sourcing efforts to ensure timely completion.
- Lead commodity's weekly financials to measure deflation, inflation, special payments and track progress towards quarterly and annual team goals.
- Report numbers with the Sourcing Initiatives team and ensure weekly closure on finances.
Process & Budget Management:
- Set up tools to drive smoother processes for the commodity.
- Set up and conduct appropriate operating rhythms (weekly, monthly, etc.) with cross functional teams & suppliers.
Identify and drive proactive strategies for the Engineered Systems Sourcing team. Key metrics & areas of focus include supplier relationship management, cost savings, product quality, material availability, payment terms, dual source development, low cost country spend migration, cross functional project management, service productivity and life cycle cost improvements. You will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others.Qualifications/Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 5 years of sourcing experience
- A minimum of 3 years of global sourcing experience
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Clear thinker with ability to lead cross functional teams projects, with high sensitivity towards maintaining timeline
- Inclusive leadership, readily takes ownership on driving cross functional projects
- Proven people management skills with clear vision and can-do attitude
- Excellent project/initiative management skills
- Strong data analytics and presentation skills
- Strong technical aptitude, ability to grasp & act on the technology related to the Engineered Systems commodities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with positive persuasive attitude
- Fact based negotiation experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and expertise required in Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Ability to work with cross functional teams such as engineering, NPI sourcing, quality, services, materials etc., to achieve timely project execution
- Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees)
- Strong project planning, project execution skills
- High Customer Centricity, responsive and a go-getter
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.