Sanford Federal, Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and protect the American people
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Must have the skill to direct and coordinate these operations through subordinate managerial personnel.
- Proven ability to interface with both corporate and Government officials.
- Must have the ability to negotiate and sign any changes or modifications of the contract, and oversee the interface between the company and any vendors or subcontractors used in this effort.
- Must be able to make hire/no-hire decisions during the Phase-In staffing effort, as well as during the contract performance period when hiring is necessary
Education requirements for the PM will consist a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, mathematics, business, public administration and/or quantitative analysis and 15 or more years of experience managing base operations support functions and familiarity with Army cost and software data programs. Certified Facility Manager or Bachelor of Science degree in Facility Management. Must have, or be capable of obtaining, a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance. Shall have experience as a former Director of Public Works, or equivalent, of a large installation. Must be able to obtain security clearance for use of government computer. A valid Georgia Driver’s License and ability to maintain military gate pass access are required.
- CRITICAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Strong and decisive leadership skills
- Proven analytical/budget analysis skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and proven follow-through traits
- Customer driven and highly responsive to customer requests philosophy
- Ability to prioritize critical tasks and multi-task
- Experienced in Government Contracting from a Contractor’s perspective in a Cost-Plus Environment.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, state and federal agencies.
Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draws valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Must have strong strategic and analytical skills and sound business judgment.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
SANFORD is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.