Manager, Public Relations Nationwide job
Cardinal HealthNew York, NY
Cardinal Health, the Dublin, Ohio-based healthcare services and products company, offers customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide. Cardinal Health believes in fostering an inclusive environment where all employees feel like they can build a strong future, grow personally and professionally, and enjoy their work. The company is committed to diversity, and strives to conduct business responsibly and with integrity. The company is seeking to hire enthusiastic, inventive and highly committed people who create strength across its organization. As a Cardinal team member, you will be eligible for a benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision care coverage, paid time off, 401(k) savings plan, business travel insurance, domestic partner benefits, and several other.
What Public Relations contributes to Cardinal Health
Public Relations is responsible for the development and implementation of
public and media relations strategies to
advance business and reputation goals. Encompasses public relations and
awareness building strategies, both national,
trade and issues management.
* Demonstrates solid understanding of media relations principles,
communications tools and measurement processes.
* Demonstrates solid understanding of audiences, traditional and emerging
communication channels and best practices.
* Ability to build strong communications plans connected to business goals
and deliberately selects and applies best-in-class communication
strategies, processes, channels and practices to meet business objectives
and desired outcomes.
* Demonstrates strong experience with issues management and crisis
communications. Directs issues management programs and manages
communication in crisis situations.
* Develops and leads communication campaigns and strategies. Collaborates
on social media needs.
* Writes, reviews, edits and produces clear, concise communications for key
audiences, drawing upon business and communication expertise. Selects
writing style based on desired target audiences aligned to business goals
and key stakeholders and modifies it to be channel appropriate.
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with
internal business executives, leaders and stakeholders as well as
external partners and media.
* Demonstrated ability to influence key constituencies internally and
externally based on insight, persuasive written and verbal communications
skills and strong relationships. Able to communicate with all levels
internally and externally. Builds constructive relationships across the
organization and builds trust and rapport with internal and external
* Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Bachelors degree in related field required
* 5+ years experience in related field
* Deep PR experience
* Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
What is expected of you and others at this level
* Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and
technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
* Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve
* Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
* Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
* Projects may have significant and long-term impact
* Provides solutions which may set precedent
* Independently determines method for completion of new projects
* Receives guidance on overall project objectives
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status.