Aurora Flight Sciences is an aeronautics research firm. It manufactures unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. The company is a subsidiary of Boeing, which mainly specializes in designing and constructing special-purpose aerial vehicles. Aurora Flight Sciences features piloted aircraft, unmanned aircraft systems, and aerostructure products to aircraft companies. The firm plans and develops aerospace vehicles for military and commercial applications. John S. Langford III founded Aurora Flight Sciences in 1989, and its headquarter is located in Manassas, Virginia, United States. The firm currently employs more than 800 employees and operates in more than 5 locations; Cambridge, Massachusetts, Bridgeport, West Virginia, and Mississippi. Aurora Flight Sciences provides paid vacations, healthcare benefits, and other perks to its employees.
* Engineering/Manufacturing support.
* Review preliminary designs for process and ease of fabrication. Capable of designing systems using applicable CAD systems and leading engineers or technicians through design completion and fabrication. Support program requirements by presenting formal/informal design reviews and completing of acceptance testing when required.
* Resolve part/assembly issues with engineering and manufacturing to ensure smooth work flow of programs.
* Flow documentation of required modifications back to engineering for updates.
* Design and support fabrication of tooling to assist in assembly process.
* Work with outside suppliers to support program requirements.
* Create manufacturing work instructions to improve the manufacturing process.
* Capable of supporting work on the manufacturing floor.
* 4 to 8 years experience supporting programs through conception to production.
* Worked in a manufacturing/prototype operation.
* Worked assembly processes.
* Familiar with tolerances and how they apply to assembly.
* Experienced writing and reviewing work instructions.
* Must be a US Person and able to obtain a Secret level Clearance.
* Engineering degree.
* Past or current security clearance.
* Aircraft integration experience.
* Experienced working with assembly technicians to get the desired end result.
* Experience working with suppliers to meet schedule and quality requirements.
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you do not remember your password click here.