As manufacturing managers, we are responsible for managing manufacturing operations for a set of assigned products. Our goal is to ensure safe, effective, and timely delivery. We implement manufacturing schedules, personnel requirements, quality control, production standards, and safety programs. We select, train, develop, and manage a team of manufacturing staff. The exact nature of our job depends on our organization’s industry.
- assisting in development of manufacturing strategies and planning
- cost management
- implementing schedules and personnel requirements
- ensuring safety and quality standards are respected
- managing team of manufacturing staff (hiring, assigning tasks, training, performance management)
- monitoring production performance and taking corrective actions as needed