Thermo Fisher Scientific is a biotechnology product development company located in Waltham, MA. The company's premier brands are Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services. Generating more than $24 billion in annual revenue, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a significant player in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, with a range of customer touch points that is hard to match. The company offers various career opportunities at 600+ sites across the Americas, APAC and EMEA regions in an inclusive, global culture that values diverse talent. The core activity being scientific R&D, there are also opportunities in Operations, Quality & Regulatory, IT, Sales and more. As an employee, you can count on ample opportunities to grow your career as well as a comprehensive total rewards package which includes a competitive base pay, medical and dental plans, wellness programs, company-paid insurance, savings and spending accounts, competitive 401(k) and more.
Auto req ID
110933BR Job DescriptionJob Title: Manufacturing Planning Coordinator Requisition ID:
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific Information
The Production Technician will combine a strong understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices to reduce documentation errors and deviations while improving batch completion cycle time and on time delivery to our valued customers. (S)he will work closely with all production and quality assurance colleagues to optimize production processes.How will you make an impact?
The Production Technician will make an impact on the organization by assuring batch records are completed according to all applicable standard operating procedures and fully within Good Documentation Practices. (S)he will help train production employees on the importance and requirements of GDP. (S)he will ensure all ERP transactions are completed accurately and in a timely manner. What will you do?
- Responsible for drying and testing in-process samples according to protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Completes final reviews of production documentation (such as batch records) assuring all procedures and good documentation practices are complied with.
- Collects production data from batch records.
- Trains Production Supervisors to complete real time batch record review on the production shop floor.
- Trains Production Operators on good documentation practices in an effort to eliminate documentation errors and deviations.
- Leads to effort to have batch record errors corrected each day.
- Completes goods issuance and labor transactions in site Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Calibrates production pH meters.
- Maintains the supply of deionize water for production usage.
- Maintains the supply of production gowning materials.
- Supports minor continuous improvement activities.
- Authors and supports minor change controls and CAPAs.
- Completes document revisions.
- Enters maintenance corrective work requests in centralized maintenance management system.
Trained as backup to Production Supervisor, for PTO coverage.How will you get here? Education
Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field (or 5 years of relevant experience).Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices experience.
- Batch Record review experience.
- ERP data entry experience.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures.
- Microsoft Office and proficiency.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Position Title
Manufacturing Planning Coordinator Country / State – City
US - Michigan - Detroit Job Category
Manufacturing & Production Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.