GE Healthcare is a multinational conglomerate firm that produces medical equipment. The firm offers monitors, scanners, dispensers, displays, imagers, recorders, analyzers, separators, and medical and laboratory medical equipment for medical industries. GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies that are shaping a new age of patient care. The company's broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, drug discovery, performance improvement, and performance solutions services help its customers deliver better care to more people worldwide at an affordable price. GE Healthcare was founded in 1994, and its headquarter is based in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The company partner with healthcare leaders who strive to leverage the global policy change required to successfully shift to sustainable healthcare systems. GE Healthcare provides healthcare benefits and other perks to its employees.
Manufacturing Technician - Testing
Westborough, MA 01581
Read what people are saying about working here.
This position will be reporting to the first shift, from 7 AM to 3:30 PM , Monday- Friday
Perform diverse and complex assignments in support of GEHC product development and manufacturing. Assignments may include but are not limited to: fabrication and assembly of fixtures and equipment, set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, and train other team members.
1. Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
2. Interface with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of materials and information
3. Utilize initiative, critical thinking skills, and independent judgment to assist in evaluating engineering models
4. Perform basic trouble shooting skills on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and software systems
5. Utilize basic technical communications throughout the implementation of new products to improve models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
6. Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation
7. Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals
8. Provide technical support by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions, and seeking engineering assistance
9. Provide cross training to team members when required
10. Comply with EHS regulations and policies
11. Actively participate in lean manufacturing practices
12. Other Duties as assigned, and may be asked to be included in quality activities, training sessions, and employee activity teams
Qualifications : Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the Company Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Training: Aware of and comply with Company training requirements
5. Knowledge and understanding of production process, work instructions, documentation configuration control, non-conforming & rework documentation requirements and operates within them to ensure that a device conforms to it's specification.
6. Aware of and comply with Stop Order, Concessions, ESD, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation, and Good Documentation Practices, as associated with this job type/position
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma/GED or local equivalent and 2 years technical experience
2. Ability to communicate, receive, and understand instructions regarding duties to be performed
3. Demonstrated ability of attention to detail and quality-minded work habits
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate with co-workers and leadership
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
1. Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
2. Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem-solving techniques
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
4. Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
5. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
Candidates should note that this role will be in scope for the proposed transition of GE Biopharma to Danaher and will transfer to Danaher at close of this transaction.
GE Healthcare Life Sciences There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can. Follow us on and and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
General Electric - Just posted
- original job