At Reddy Ice, we are working toward a vision of becoming North America’s “Total Ice Solution.” This role will contribute to this effort by providing leadership, planning and direction to a broader group of multiple operations within a specified regional Market. The Market Manager is a change leader responsible for the overall business results of multiple and geographically dispersed manufacturing, distribution center, ISB, and Refurbishment activities for a market area with total revenue of $10M or more. This includes results within the area of local Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, distribution/Routing, Engineering, Maintenance, Environmental Health & Safety, Talent and Purchasing. The Market Manager provides direct management oversight to the daily activities of centralized overhead operations that must deliver effective sales, operational, and administrative support to the plants, DC’s and other operations within the Market. This position will be a key contributor to the successful execution of Reddy Ice’s strategic direction in the Market.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identify and implement continuous improvement efforts. Promote a performance-driven and continuous-improvement environment for
manufacturing operations. Foster innovation and creativity within the plant.
Work with the RVP to provide insights on process improvement opportunities for safety,
quality, delivery, production and cost reduction. Gain approval, develop plans and lead
2. Drive the development and execution of a Market sales strategy Actively participate on short and long-term strategic planning. Proactively seek ways to
improve efficiency, product quality and management of costs. Establish and maintain profitable relationships with customers by actively prospecting
new accounts and maximizing sales potential with existing customers Own and lead and the implementation of strategic sales, marketing, customer and pricing
initiatives across the market Driving a Customer-centric environment. Implements and models customer service standards across multiple operations by ensuring unbeatable excellence in operating discipline; understanding unique needs of customer; ensuring enhanced customer experience for the Market; creating an environment for facility managers to set excellent customer service expectations that are aligned with customer needs and company goals.
3. Lead and achieve operational strategy outcomes Actively participate on short and long-term strategic planning. Proactively seek ways to
improve efficiency, product quality and management of costs. Delivers effective execution for the Market by driving operational excellence; holding
the management team accountable; initiating and leading company change efforts to
maximize desired results; monitoring the effectiveness and implementation of continuous
improvement programs Collaborate with Plant Managers, DC Manager and other direct reports to achieve
strategic initiatives for each operating unit. Leads the implementation of strategic initiatives at multiple plants and DC’s, provide
status highlighting progress and escalating issues as needed. Responsible for all manufacturing and logistics related activities within Market.
Assess performance against Operating Plans & Standards for all plants, DC’s, and
operations within Market. Ensure overall Market performance meets regional goals.
4. Participate in financial analysis and planning and track P&L metrics. Drives overall financial performance for the Market by preparing, analyzing, and
reconciling financial reports; developing and maintaining annual Capital and expense
budgets, building sales forecasts, monitoring operating and EBITDA budgets. Collaborate with the Regional Teams, Sales, Operational, and Financial Analysis teams
for input. Review & approve invoices, expenses & other accounting reports as required by policy.
Track budgets and progress towards monthly / annual sales & profit targets for the
market. Conduct financial analysis to understand variances, deviations, and overall
performance and calculate financial metrics. Perform root-cause analysis to understand
drivers of financial performance. Document results and analysis. Discuss financial performance with Regional Vice President (RVP) and as needed define
and execute plans for financial corrections.
5. Maintain and track KPIs. Determine KPI’s for the Market that achieve business objectives in cooperation with the RVP.
Compile and track KPIs for assigned Market and analyze the metrics to understand drivers and root cause for performance and present metrics and trends to RVP and/or regional support partners.
Lead initiatives to improve KPIs and track trends and progress. A key KPI initiative will be decreasing CPU (cost per unit) while maintaining quality and customer service.
6. Identify and implement continuous improvement efforts. Promote a performance-driven and continuous-improvement environment for manufacturing operations. Foster innovation and creativity within the plant.
Work with the RVP to provide insights on process improvement opportunities for safety, quality, delivery, production and cost reduction. Gain approval, develop plans and lead the implementation.
7. Create a positive culture that supports employee development and building strong talent. Conduct staff meetings to communicate key initiatives and messages and ensure messages are cascaded down into the organization.
Supervise, develop, and coach direct reports.
Work with local management to support employees on their growth and development.
Motivate employees to contribute at their full potential.
Identify top talent and be a mentor and adviser for high performing employees. Outline succession plans to identify growth opportunities for top talent.
Coordinate the hiring and training of direct reports, including headcount planning and performance management, and interview for key positions.
Develop and sustain proactive employee relations across Market
Partner with Human Resources to establish, drive and maintain all people practices and ensure 100% adherence to established performance management timelines.
8. Assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
9. Adheres to the Code of Business Ethics; values honesty and integrity above all else; expects
Plant and Regional employees to also be committed to the highest ethical standards.