Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc., founded in 1920. It is a universal producer and wholesaler of fire protection goods. Reliable manufactures has the best condition and latest fire sprinklers, valves, and exceptional systems in the market; issues a complete range of best in class system parts; and backs it up with foremost customer service. Reliable's 450,000 sq. ft. production area and corporate headquarters are located in Liberty, SC, with local sales and shipping centers based throughout the US and throughout the world. Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc., offers a complete suite of benefits to promote the health and financial security of their employees by providing them Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Health Care facilities.
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. is a world leader in the manufacture of fire sprinklers and related system valves as well as a major distributor of a full line of fire sprinkler system components and fabricated piping solutions to the fire sprinkler industry since 1920. Today, Reliable is in its fourth generation of Fee Family leadership and has many employees who have served more than 25 years, enhancing its family atmosphere and its ability to offer significant stable, long-term career opportunities.
Are you interested in being part of team who plays a crucial role of the fire protection industry's goal of saving lives and reducing property damage? We have an opportunity for you!
The Material Handler stores, ships, receives, and replenishes finished goods to fire sprinkler contractors by parcel, LTL, truckload, and/or private carrier
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all tasks associated with the shipping and receiving functions at a distribution center
- Scans barcodes, using a handheld scanner, to deliver materials to the target location within the warehouse
- Operates forklift, lift truck, side loaders, pallet trucks, picker and other loading/stacking equipment
- Completes and maintains daily forklift inspections reports
- Assists Will-Call customers in a courteous and helpful manner
- Reports any deficiencies in inventory, equipment, safety issues, or concerns to the Warehouse or Operations Supervisor
- Reports backorders to the Customer Service Department
- Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe conditions or practice to your supervisor
- Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Competencies
- Outstanding organization and documentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong commitment to a team environment while working well with others
- Prioritize and complete a variety of tasks in a timely manner
- Knowledge of Reliable products in terms of part numbers, codes, and product description
- Well-versed in warehouse, shipping, freight, and receiving functions
- Ability to safely drive and operate lift trucks, side loaders, pickers, pallet jacks, and other loading/stacking equipment
- Solid understanding of mathematics
- Proficient in AS400 and WMS
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical environment requires the employee to work in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
- Required to work at heights of 50 feet or more.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- The person in this position needs to wear appropriate safety clothing and shoes when needed. This includes a need for a safety harness, safety glasses, lift belts and steel toe shoes etc.
- Ability to safely drive and operate lift trucks, side loaders, pickers, pallet trucks, and other loading/stacking equipment
- Must be able to stand for 80% of the time
- Occasionally will be expected to lift large materials not to exceed 70 pounds
- High School Diploma
- 6+ months of warehouse experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler., Inc. recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or