As Mechanical Design Engineers, we work with a multidisciplinary team in a company for a new product development cycle. We are responsible for designing and developing concepts from initial design to final prototypes. We work with teams of engineers, machinists, and technicians to design and produce engineering equipment including turbines and motors. Tasked with pure designing, we create and maintain assemblies, 3D models, and 3D drawings. We report to mechanical engineers and project managers.
- perform pre-design calculations on the proposed apparatus
- sketching and drawing designs with the inputs by the engineering teams
- calculating factors such as dimensions, tolerance, and structural breakdown
- creating designs in line with company policies, guidelines, and client requirements
- submitting drawings to upper-level managers and construction teams