rebuilding tools for Eaton heavy truck transmissions, axles, clutches...
Eaton s Aerospace Fuel Motion Control Systems division is seeking an entry level Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
The position will be based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for supporting new development and existing design of fluid power and motion control systems and components. The Mechanical Engineer works with one or more Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to design, test, and implement product designs and design improvements in all phases of a product design lifecycle.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide technical design, test, and guidance for new product development and product improvements.
- You will support and participate in efforts to solve problems with product design, inspection, manufacturing, and test encountered by vendors, company operations personnel, and customers. Consults Chief Engineers and Subject Matter Experts for guidance appropriately.
- You will plan, organize, control, and guides projects. Establishes and oversees accomplishment of multiple project goals.
- You will serve as primary technical contact for multiple teams and liaison between Product Engineering and internal and external customers.
- You will support targets and milestones for project budgets and schedules. Participates in resolving program change of scope issues with Project Engineering and Program Management.
- You will create and/or guide the creation of technical documents, including Engineering drawings (following ASME Y14. 5, ASME Y14. 34 standards), test procedures, test reports, and design review material. You will execute component design study and improvement for cost reduction and first time yield.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger. Qualifications Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U. S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U. S. person as a U. S. Citizen, U. S. Permanent Resident (i. e. Green Card Holder ), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Los Angeles, CA 90039 will be considered.
Position Success Criteria:
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, or electromechanical products.
- Experience in the Aerospace Industry.
- Experience with Pro/Engineer.
- Ability to apply Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) =and perform tolerance stack-up evaluations.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and material selection for engineering design.
- Ability to perform basic structural and/or performance testing.
- Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Design for Manufacturability (dfM), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), and Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA).
- Experience with working on cross-functional teams.
- Good technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day you ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i. e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time