Oak Street Health is a network of primary care centers for adults on Medicare that was established in 2012. The organization operates a creative healthcare model based on quality of care over volume of services, which assumes the full financial responsibility of its patients, with the goal of restoring healthcare as it should be. In Michigan, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Texas, Rhode Island, North Carolina, New York, Tennessee, and Mississippi, Oak Street Health currently operates over 70 locations. Every Oakie is a mission-driven person who goes above and beyond to help their colleagues and patients. It offers perks to the employees such as paid leaves, medical insurance, and assessment program.
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Medical Assistant
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient's communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com
Oak Street Health takes a team-based approach to providing outstanding patient care. Care teams are responsible for delivering excellent, high-touch, primary care, and coordinating the care of our patients throughout the healthcare delivery system.
Medical Assistants are an important part of our Care Teams. High levels of flexibility, energy, attention to detail, and problem-solving are required to be successful. You will be expected to build relationships with Oak Street Health members. Medical Assistants will work closely and collaboratively with their teammates to greet and room Oak Street Health patients. S/he will be expected to assist in assessing patient's health conditions, including performing routine diagnostic testing during appointments.
* Ensures efficient patient flow by rooming patients in a timely manner and assisting the provider with staying timely on their schedule
* Delivers an exceptional patient experience, and helps patients prepare for their provider visit
* Obtains vital signs, chief complaints and reviews medications
* Delivers patient screenings per protocols
* Orders supplies and stocks exam rooms
* Conducts routine quality control checks including infection control measures, equipment QAs, and checks for expired medication and supplies
* Ensure exam rooms are clean, safe, and ready for patient visits
* Under direction of an RN, provider and/or protocol, provide telephonic support to patients
* Under direction of an RN or Provider, offer MA appropriate "visits" including administering vaccinations, performing procedures including but not limited to: ABI, spirometry, EKGs, etc.
* Perform waived laboratory testing
* Schedule diagnostic testing
* Applies or assists with the application of durable medical equipment
* Participate in care team meetings to discuss patient care and clinic operations
* Other duties as assigned
The Medical Assistant will report to the Practice Manager.
What we're looking for
We're looking for motivated, experienced Registered or Certified Medical Assistants with:
* 3+ years in a Medical Assistant role
* CPR Certification required
* Medical Assistant certification or registration required. Over 5 years of applicable, consecutive Medical Assistant experience may override this requirement
* EMR experience and proficiency required
* 2+ years of experience working with geriatric patients is preferred
* Phlebotomy Technician Certification preferred
* Strong communication skills and customer service orientation
* Demonstrates problem-solving skills, accountability, and a flexible, positive attitude
* Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary and indicated in Job title)
* US work authorization
* Someone who embodies being "Oaky"
What does being "Oaky" look like?
* Radiating positive energy
* Assuming good intentions
* Creating an unmatched patient experience
* Driving clinical excellence
* Taking ownership and driving for results
* Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
* Collaborative and energetic culture
* High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
* Brand new, beautiful work environment
* Competitive benefits; including paid vacation/sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.