In North Carolina and the Southeast states, Piedmont HealthCare is one of the largest doctor-owned and driven, multi-specialty organizations. We offer quality health services to families, businesses, and employees in Iredell and neighboring counties, with over 50 convenient locations and more than 160 providers spanning 32 specialties. The doctors of Piedmont HealthCare are committed to delivering exemplary and imaginative patient treatment and facilities. Its patients have access to the latest in X-Ray, 2D and 3D mammography, CT, MRI, ultrasound and in-house labs for surgical testing and procedures. It is offering job opportunities for talented people along with perks such as medical insurance, 401K plans, disability support programs, and paid time off.
Responsible for providing a variety of patient care activities under the supervision of a physician, physician extender, or registered nurse in accordance with established guidelines and standards.
1. Meets and greets patients
2. Obtains appropriate patient information and medical history
3. Accurately completes and documents patient medical and physical histories and other related items in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
4. Records vital signs; Performs EKG, spirometry and or other similar office procedures
5. Aids the physician, extender, and or nursing staff during treatment, examination, and or testing of patients - may include injections and immunizations
6. Prepares and maintains examination/treatment rooms, including inventory of supplies and equipment
7. Under the supervision of a licensed personnel, distributes educational information and instructions for patient care, diagnostics, and other appropriate treatments
8. Coordinates telephone and inbasket requests to refill prescription drug medications in accordance with physician instructions
9. Advises physician and or nurse of patient's adverse reaction to medication and/or treatment to medication and/or treatment
10. Attends required meetings, in-services, and participates in committees as required
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School diploma or GED.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: No experience required
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: None
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must possess a certification from a recognized (reputable) certifying organization, i.e. American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), The American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National Healthcareer Association (NHA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), or American Allied Health (AAH).
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: School: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES); or similarly recognized accrediting organization or completion of a Nursing Assistant program.
Previous experience in medical office environment, such as internship
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Note: Please provide a minimum of 7 years of work history and all work to be assessed in determining eligibility. Please fully complete ALL sections of the applications. Uploading a resume will not be accepted as a replacement for an incomplete application
Total job postings in the pastBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Average posting lifetime
Currently no data available
Total job posting distribution in the pastBased on 0 number of jobs from 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Currently no data available