National healthcare company Concentra offers a range of occupational health services. As a division of Select Medical, Concentra strives to improve the health of America’s workforce through its affiliated clinicians, occupational medicine, urgent care, physical therapy, and wellness services in 44 states. The West, Texas-based firm’s culture is rooted in integrity, high standards of ethical, medical, and business practices. The patient-centered company recognizes its team members as key contributors to success. If you are a healthcare professional with the desire to make an impact on the wellbeing of your patients, you might find your career ambitions at Concentra. Whatever field you will land your job in, they will support you with career growth opportunities and a healthy work-life balance.
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, has an opening for a Medical Assistant. As a Medical Assistant at Concentra, you will learn and grow alongside the Center Operations Director, making a positive difference in the patient experience and quality of care. Working one-on-one with patients as a health care provider, you will deliver routine medical care and monitor the flow of onboarding patients. Just as critical, we will look to you to mentor and encourage your team members to succeed.
The experience you will gain in this role is limitless, as are the career opportunities within Concentra.
As a Medical Assistant you will:
- Welcome patients and obtain medical histories from patients; verify patient information
- Assist providers during examinations and treatment
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.) and as certified
- Dispense medications within the scope of practice as ordered by the treating providers and in accordance with state regulations
- Assist the front office team as needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Training as a medical assistant, or military medical specialist with current MA credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations
- Fast paced
- Clinical office environment