AMITA Health is a faith-based healthcare network in Illinois, with 19 hospitals, 23 immediate care centers, 80 clinics and outpatient facilities and 25,000+ associates. The name AMITA is inspired by words from several languages and embodies the core values: friendship in Italian, honesty and truth in Hebrew, and spiritual light and boundlessness in Hindi. If you are passionate about bringing care to people, and would like to make a positive impact on your communities, you will feel at home with AMITA Health. Professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training, and competitive wages add up to the employment package of AMITA Health, focusing on paid time off, medical plan, disability plan, life insurance, flexible spending, employee assistance, wellness program and retirement plan.
We Are Hiring
We Are Hiring
Join a healing ministry, where we care for healing of the body, mind, and spirit!
Full Time/ Competitive Pay/ Comprehensive Benefits
This position is located at 25 East Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg, IL
Medical Assistant Schedule
This is a full-time position and the schedule for this position is:
40 hours. Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm with occasional late day until 6pm. We do work every other Saturday from 8am to 12pm.
Why Join AMITA?
Why Join AMITA
More than a job: Working for AMITA is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
Strength in our People: At AMITA, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. We strongly support a work-life balance and you will benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, and training.
Mission and Values: As a community, we welcome all faiths, and are inspired by the mission and values of AMITA to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially those in our communities who are most in need.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
* Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
* Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
* Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
* Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
* You should be comfortable doing blood draws.
* You are can do injections and vaccines.
* You thrive in a fast paced environment.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Preferred Credential(s):
* Medical Assistant.
* High school diploma or GED required. We highly prefer a degree in Medical Assisting.
* Previous MA experience is preferred. We are open to new Medical Assistant graduates!
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.